When you trade with Admirals, you have access to our robust financial security arrangements and customer care policies.
Segregation of Client Funds
In accordance with CySEC rules, all client money is kept fully segregated from our own assets in a regulated credit institution within the EU. This ensures that clients’ funds are available to them at all times, and cannot be used by us under any circumstances. These arrangements are checked and verified by our auditors.
The Investor Compensation Fund (ICF)
The purpose of the ICF is to secure the claims of covered clients against the ICF members through the payment of compensation, if the necessary preconditions are fulfilled. The Investor Compensation Fund (ICF) pays compensation of up to 20,000.00 EUR to a covered client. Please read the full Investor Compensation Policy.
Negative Balance Protection
We compensate account deficits for Professional Clients in accordance with our Negative Balance Protection Policy, covering up to €50,000 per client. Our Retail Clients have full and unconditional protection from account deficits and are covered on per-account basis with no limits to maximum payout.
Treating Customers Fairly
With Admirals, your interests always come first. We fully comply with CySEC requirements to act honestly, fairly and professionally and in accordance with the best interests of our clients when providing investment and ancillary services.
We also make sure that our team is always up to speed with any new developments that could affect the quality of service that we deliver to you.
Cyprus insurance coverage up to 100.000 EUR
Effective March 1, 2021, our clients funds protection insurance policy for Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd clients* was established. From now on, your money has a significantly higher protection level, up to 100.000 EUR!
Insurance benefits automatically extend to Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd clients, with no actions necessary, and no additional fees or costs added.
This new insurance is a component of our full security offer, along with segregated client money accounts at the biggest banks of the world (no Cyprus banks), EU-wide negative account balance protection for Retail Clients (following CFD regulation in EU), and our additional Negative Account Balance Protection Policy concerning CFD trading risks for Professional Clients.
What is covered:
- Only the eligible securities and cash of Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd clients in the event of an Insolvency.
What is not covered:
- Investment/Trading performance is NOT covered. Leveraged products are highly speculative and carry a high risk of trading loss. Trade responsibly!
We added the Insurance Certificate here.
This is one more way that we at Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd go the extra mile to make sure your funds are protected. The standard client protection via the ICF (Investor Compensation Fund) is limited up to 20,000 EUR to a covered client, but your security is our priority, so we want to provide the best possible protection available.
* More than 99% of all our clients will be covered via the insurance policy. However, to be precise, some clients will not be covered, as:
- An incorporated company other than a small business (in this context, a ‘small business’ is deemed to be a partnership, body corporate, unincorporated association or mutual association with an annual turnover of less than USD 1m).
- A partnership (other than as detailed above).
- A mutual association (other than as detailed above).
- An overseas financial services institution.
- A collective investment scheme, or anyone who is the operator or trustee of such a scheme.
- A pension or retirement fund.
- A supranational institution, government, or central administrative authority.
- A provincial, regional, local or municipal authority.
- A person who, in the opinion of the insurers, is responsible for, or will contribute to the insolvency of Admiral Markets Cyprus Ltd.
- A person whose claim arises from transactions in connection with which they have been convicted of an offense of money laundering.