Top Free Forex Charting Software for 2023 [5 Forex Charting Platforms]
When you start Forex trading online you will soon come to understand that observing the movements of currencies is vital. The best way to observe such movements is when they are plotted on a chart. Generally speaking, there are many options for Forex charting software that is available to traders.
In this article we will examine some useful and accessible ones to help you decide which software is best for your Forex trading, we will explain what charting software is, why you need it, and how to choose the right application that meets your needs.
Table of Contents
Forex Charting Software | Introduction
Forex (FX) charting apps collect the feed of prices from one or more sources, plotting the price changes on a chart, as well as providing some additional benefits for traders. If there is more than one provider for the price feed, the software may either aggregate the prices and display only the average quotes, or they might display the quotes from different providers without any aggregation.
Forex graphs enable you to see the price moves, observe the changes in real-time, and use additional tools for further analysis.
Forex Charting Software | Why is it Needed?
In most cases, trading charts are particularly useful for Forex traders when their trading platform does not provide sufficient charting capabilities, analytical tools, or other important features that a trader might find useful. There are many Forex brokers out there that can supply you with a platform, but often they will have very limited functionality - where you can only open the orders, modify them, and preview the pricing.
This is where forex graphs and trading charts come in handy, as they allow traders to use more advanced software for their analysis.
Another reason why traders may find FX chart software useful is when their platform is not available on a certain device that they use. For example, you might find it difficult to observe the FX prices and charts if you are on a Chromebook and your trading platform is MetaTrader 4. In this case, you can use an alternative forex graph that displays the trading charts as a web application.
Interested in practicing your trading under real and live market conditions? Register for a free demo account and practice your skills before taking on the live markets! Click the link below to get started:
Best Forex Charting Software | Let's See
What is the best forex charting software? It is difficult to say what the best charting software for forex is, as it depends entirely on individual styles and needs. It should be understood that we are not looking for the best one. Rather, we are looking for the most fitting charting software. To choose a piece of charting software, it is vital to understand what your requirements are.
Ideally, most of your trading chart analysis should be performed on your trading platform, especially if you are a day trader. This is why it is important to choose a trading platform that supplies you with a wide range of tools and indicators, while allowing you to plot the chart over your favourite time frames.
Of course, not every experienced trader has a powerful trading platform, so it's quite important to find forex charts that allow you to perform everything you need, as it would be somewhat difficult to accommodate the use of more than two applications simultaneously.
Pricing makes a big difference for many traders. You will be choosing between premium and free Forex charting software. It is important to know that if you are going to choose premium software, you need to make sure it has the premium features you require.
In most cases, you can access an abundance of great free forex charting software, but there are also types of charting software that can carry out advanced levels of analysis. These types of forex analysis software will usually come at a price.
It can be hard to find cheap advanced forex charting software, so be prepared to pay a price if you need a good tool for scouting patterns or for performing advanced analysis. If you will be spending a lot of time outside, you are going to need an application that allows you to access some of the best Forex graphs on the go.
This is where forex chart apps come in handy. Nevertheless, you will need a forex chart app that is designed especially for your device - because accessibility should be one of the key priorities when choosing the best forex chart app for you.
In the next section, we will discuss the available options for traders looking for some of the best free forex charting software, as well as some paid features. Here is our forex charting software review.
Charts From MetaTrader
If you are trading with a reputable broker, the chances that you are on MetaTrader 4 (MT4) or MetaTrader 5
(MT5) are pretty high. If you are on one of these platforms and you are looking for an advanced forex charting software - you need not look further. MetaTrader platforms are great forex charting platforms because they are available with a great number of indicators attached to them, along with a lot of time frames for your analysis.
What's more, customising your trading charts' look and adding your own indicators is simple to do.
If you haven't downloaded MetaTrader yet, now is your chance to click the banner below and join countless traders on the world's most premiere multi asset platform!
Web Forex Charts Software - Trading Software for Mac
If your platform isn't as good as MetaTrader 4, or you have a Mac and you are not trading with Admirals, you might find that searching for one of the best forex chart websites is your next step. Forex chart websites are a useful option for your FX trading charts. We are not going to examine every single service available, we will simply review one of the most useful ones - TradingView.
Launched a few years ago, this forex chart app has grown into one of the most advanced tools for FX charting and FX analysis, and has even become a social network for traders.
This piece of software comes with no download required, it is quite fast, and best of all, it provides stock and Forex charting software for free, which is compatible with a mac. As such, this Forex charting software is considered by some traders as the best Forex charting software for mac.
Several things make this forex charting platform truly useful. First of all, the quality of the feed. The prices offered with this service are some of the best available. In addition to this, it has a wide range of available indicators and tools, making it one of the best options for manual Forex analysis software.
The main beauty of this forex charting platform is that it is vivid. There are thousands of traders and analysts that are frequently publishing their forecasts and ideas, providing comments, and assessing the content. You are not just provided with powerful forex graphs, forex charting tools and great analytics - you are also supplied with a chance to discuss a certain topic or a certain trading idea with another trader.
This forex chart website is such a powerful forex charting tool for illustrating graphs that you can generally substitute your trading platform with it, but only for charting purposes, as it is not possible to trade using TradingView. Nevertheless, you can use the trading charts across multiple devices, with all of your settings saved in the cloud, and you can simply execute the trading orders on your mobile platform.
These qualities certainly make this application a solid choice for mac users searching for mac forex charting software or those not trading with Admirals. This service works on a freemium model, meaning you can sign up and use quite a large share of the services without paying a single penny. However, you would need to get a paid membership if you want to extend the scope of the possible services.
Mobile Charting Platforms
Many people are curious about using a certain forex charting software on their mobile. Unfortunately, even though the FX Industry is one of the most developed technically speaking, it still doesn't have great forex charting software for smartphones.
As we do not want to recommend you a software that is not considered to be one of the best Forex charting softwares, we will only suggest that you consider going for the MT4 and MT5 mobile phone apps from MetaQuotes.
These applications are available for Android and iOS, so you can make good use of them. You are supplied with an interface that is similar to your desktop trading charts, and there are also some indicators available. Currently, mobile apps from MetaQuotes appear to be one of the best choices for Forex traders aiming to get one of the best forex charting softwares for free on their mobiles.
It is also important to state that some desktop trading platforms can now be easily substituted with a mobile app, as it is quite easy to execute a trade by clicking just a few buttons. When it comes to forex graphs, trading charts and analysis, it is vital to understand that charting and analysis should be still be performed on a desktop.
As we mentioned above, If you are ready to start live trading on the markets, a trading platform with built-in forex charting software like in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 will serve most of your charting needs and allow you to trade on live markets.
Do you want to hone your trading skills further? Why not tune in to one of our free webinars, where you can discover the latest trading trends, get actionable strategies and enjoy complimentary tools with our in house trading experts! Click below to register
Best Charting Software for Day Trading
What is the best charting software for day trading? As with the other forex charting software reviews in this article, we can't say which is the best charting software for day trading.
Finding the best charting software for trading is a matter of personal trading style and preference and differs from trader to trader.
Here are 3 popular charting softwares among day traders:
- TradingView: We've already discussed Trading View. For many of the same reasons we already mentioned, TradingView's real-time stock charts are visually attractive and traders can customize them with hundreds of technical indicators. Traders don't need to switch platforms to view charts of different markets and they offer real-time data for markets around the globe, making it a popular choice for charting software for day trading.
- StockCharts: StockCharts offers both paid and free forex charting software. Its functionality in the free version is robust. Traders can view line, bar, or candlestick charts with modifiable technical indicators and over 40 line studies. However, The free version allows you to plot only three indicators at once and traders aren't able to save screens and the system's graphics are quite bland. Nonetheless, its robust functionality makes it a popular forex charting tool for day traders.
- MetaTrader 5: With access to real-time market data, technical analysis, insight from professional trading experts, and thousands of trading instruments to trade and invest with, MetaTrader 5 is one of the best forex charting software for free for day traders.
What Software do Expert Traders Use?
What software do expert traders use? All of the charting software for trading that we've covered in this forex charting software review are suitable for both beginner and advanced level traders. So, now that you are a forex charting platform pro, pick your platform, practice wise trading and enjoy!
Forex charts software is vital for technical analysis, so you should choose the one that can supply you with the largest amount of necessary features. It is advised not to use more than two different applications, including your trading platform.
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets and Admirals trademarks (hereinafter “Admirals”). Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
1. This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
2. Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
3. With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
4. The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (hereinafter “Author”) based on the personal estimations of Alexandros Theophanopoulos (SEO and Content Specialist).
5. Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
6. Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.