Trading Starbucks After Q4 Earnings Report
Shares in Starbucks have risen around 34% from the lows of the year so far. However, the stock is still down 27% from its record high of $126.32 recorded in July 2021.
The world’s largest coffee chain just reported its fourth-quarter earnings. The results were much better than expected helping the stock to rise but there are some global economic concerns to consider.
Learn how to trade Starbucks shares below.
|Symbol for Invest.MT5 Account:||SBUX|
|Date of Idea:||7 Nov 2022|
|Time Line:||1 - 6 months|
|Position Size for Invest.MT5 Account:||Max 5%|
- The Invest.MT5 account allows you to buy real stocks and shares from 15 of the largest stock exchanges in the world.
All trading is high risk and you can lose more than you risk on a trade. Never invest more than you can afford to lose as some trades will lose and some trades will win. Start small to understand your own risk tolerance levels or practice on a demo account first to build your knowledge before investing.
Takeaways From Starbucks’ Fourth-Quarter Earnings Report
Starbucks reported a much better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings report. While earnings fell 19% from the same time last year they exceeded Wall Street’s expectations. Sales from the United States were up 11% while international sales also rose 7%.
This was helped by daily store traffic increasing to around 95% of the level before the pandemic. It was a different story in China as sales were down 16% due to regional lockdowns. Though, this was better than the 44% decline in the prior quarter.
The earnings report also stated that the group sees worldwide sales growing by 7% to 9% in 2023 with an improved earnings forecast growth of 15% to 20% over the next three years.
However, one major issue to take into consideration is the fact dozens of cities in China have gone back into lockdown as they enforce a Zero COVID policy. This is likely to weigh even further on the company’s China sales over the next quarter.
There is also the looming threat of recession in the US and Europe due to a mix of higher interest rates and inflation but an upbeat holiday season may help to balance things out in the next quarter.
Starbucks Stock Forecast - What do the Analysts Say?
According to analysts polled by TipRanks for a Starbucks stock forecast in the past 3 months, there are currently 13 buy, 10 hold and 0 sell ratings on the stock. The highest price level for a Starbucks stock forecast is $136.00 with the lowest price target at $88.00.
The average price target for a Starbucks stock forecast is $100.35.
An Example Trading Idea for the Starbucks Stock Price
An example trading idea for the Starbucks share price could be as follows:
- Buy the stock at $93.00 to allow for current market volatility.
- Target just below the highest analyst price target at $136.00.
- Keep your risk small at a maximum of 5% of your total account.
- Time Line = 1 – 6 months
- If you buy 10 Starbucks shares:
- If target is reached = $430.00 potential profit ($136.00 - $93.00 * 10 shares).
Remember that markets go up and down and it is unlikely the share price will move up in a straight line. In fact, it may even go much further down before it rises, especially considering that Starbucks is still down around 20% this year so far.
Be sure to exercise good risk management and always know how much you could potentially lose on a trade and the risks involved, as well as the costs.
With the Admirals Invest.MT5 account you can buy and sell US stocks with a commission from $0.02 per share. This means buying 10 shares in Starbucks stock would result in a commission of $0.20 ($0.02 * 10 shares) for executing a per-side transaction.
There is a low minimum transaction fee of $1. So, the example trading idea above would result in a commission of just $1 overall!
How to Buy Starbucks Stock in 4 Steps
With Admirals, you can buy shares in companies like Starbucks with a low commission of just $0.02 per share and a low minimum commission of just $1 on US stocks.
- Open an account with Admirals to access the Trader’s Room.
- Click on Trade on one of your live or demo accounts to open the web platform.
- Search for your stock at the bottom of the Market Watch window and drag the symbol onto the chart.
- Use the one-click trading feature, or right-click and open a trading ticket to input your trade size, stop loss and take profit level.
Click on the banner below to buy Starbucks stock today! ▼▼▼
Do You See the Starbucks Stock Price Moving Differently?
Remember that all analytics and trading ideas are based on the personal view and experience of the author.
If you believe there is a higher chance Starbucks's share price will move lower, then you can also trade short from a CFD (Contracts for Difference) trading account which Admirals also provide.
This means you can trade long and short to potentially profit from rising and falling stock prices. Learn more about CFDs in this How to Trade CFDs article.
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admirals’ investment firms operating under the Admirals trademark (hereinafter “Admirals”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With a view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitanchandra Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.