Trading Lululemon’s Raised Earnings Outlook
As investors fear the potential of a recession from aggressive interest rate hikes from central banks all around the world, companies that are providing a positive outlook for the rest of the year have attracted much more attention.
Athletic apparel retailer Lululemon is one such stock. In its latest quarterly earnings report, the company raised its outlook for the year. However, the share price is still down around 19% from the beginning of the year.
In this article, we explore the recent Lululemon earnings report.
|Symbol for Invest.MT5 Account:||LULU|
|Date of Idea:||6 Sept 2022|
|Time Line:||1 - 6 months|
|Position Size for Invest.MT5 Account:||Max 5%|
- The Invest.MT5 account allows you to buy real stocks and shares from 15 of the largest stock exchanges in the world.
All trading is high risk and you can lose more than you risk on a trade. Never invest more than you can afford to lose as some trades will lose and some trades will win. Start small to understand your own risk tolerance levels or practice on a demo account first to build your knowledge before investing.
Lululemon’s Quarterly Earnings Report
In Lululemon’s second quarter fiscal 2022 results, the company posted stronger than expected revenue and earnings. Revenue increased 29% to $1.9 billion while earnings per share came in at $2.20 which was above Wall Street expectations of $1.87.
While inflation impacts consumer spending, Lululemon’s same-store sales grew 23% beating analyst expectations of 17.6%. The company also bucked the trend which has seen other retailers lower their outlook for the current quarter.
Lululemon actually raised its outlook for the year. Chief Financial Officer Meghan Frank stated that traffic in stores and e-commerce traffic remains robust even through the challenging macro-environment.
The traffic increases were not down to any promotional campaigns with the management team stating that they remain a “predominantly full-price business.”
The company is launching a new membership program which has a free tier and a $39 per month tier which gives members invitations to in-person events, and early access to new products and exclusive items.
However, can Lululemon really buck the trend being seen with other retailers? Many have provided a negative outlook for the current quarter due to a potential slowdown in demand which will also likely affect Lululemon.
It’s important to take into consideration any macroeconomic issues as these can also weigh on a company’s share price.
Lululemon Stock Forecast - What do the Analysts Say?
According to analysts polled by TipRanks for a Lululemon stock forecast in the past 3 months, there are currently 16 buy, 5 holds and 1 sell ratings on the stock. The highest price level for a Lululemon stock forecast is $512.00 with the lowest price target at $200.00.
The average price target for a Lululemon stock forecast is $379.89 which represents more than 20% upside from current levels, at the time of writing.
Source: TipRanks, 6 Sept 2022
An Example Trading Idea for the Lululemon Stock Price
An example trading idea for the Lululemon share price could be as follows:
- Buy the stock above $330.00 to allow for current market volatility.
- Target just below the all-time high at $475.00.
- Keep your risk small at a maximum of 5% of your total account.
- Time Line = 1 – 6 months
- If you buy 10 Lululemon shares:
- If target is reached = $1,450.00 potential profit ($475.00 - $330.00 *10 shares).
Remember that markets go up and down and it is unlikely the share price will move up in a straight line. In fact, it may even go much further down before it rises, especially considering the recent sell-off in global stock markets.
Be sure to exercise good risk management and always know how much you could potentially lose on a trade and the risks involved, as well as the costs.
With the Admirals Invest.MT5 account you can buy US stocks from $0.02 per share. This means buying 10 shares in Lululemon would result in a commission of $0.20 ($0.02 * 10 shares).
There is a low minimum transaction fee of $1. So, the example trading idea above would result in a commission of just $1 overall!
How to Buy Lululemon Stock in 4 Steps
With Admirals, you can buy shares in companies like Lululemon with a low commission of just $0.02 per share and a low minimum commission of just $1 on US stocks.
- Open an account with Admirals to access the Trader’s Room.
- Click on Trade on one of your live or demo accounts to open the web platform.
- Search for your stock at the bottom of the Market Watch window and drag the symbol onto the chart.
- Use the one-click trading feature, or right-click and open a trading ticket to input your trade size, stop loss and take profit level.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5 Web. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
Click on the banner below to buy Lululemon stock today! ▼▼▼
Do You See the Lululemon Stock Price Moving Differently?
Remember that all analytics and trading ideas are based on the personal view and experience of the author.
If you believe there is a higher chance Lululemon's share price will move lower, then you can also trade short from a CFD (Contracts for Difference) trading account which Admirals also provide.
This means you can trade long and short to potentially profit from rising and falling stock prices. Learn more about CFDs in this How to Trade CFDs article.
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admirals’ investment firms operating under the Admirals trademark (hereinafter “Admirals”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With a view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitanchandra Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.