Trading CrowdStrike Holdings After Fiscal Q3 2024 Performance
CrowdStrike Holdings is a cybersecurity stock that went public in 2019. It provides cyberattack response services and cloud security and has been involved in investigating the Democratic National Committee cyberattacks. With cyberattacks on the rise, cybersecurity stocks have attracted much attention.
Learn more about CrowdStrike Holdings' fiscal third-quarter performance and what the analysts are forecasting for the stock.
|CrowdStrike Holdings Inc
|Symbol for Invest.MT5 Account:
|Date of Idea:
|12 December 2023
|1 - 6 months
|Position Size for Invest.MT5 Account:
- The Invest.MT5 account allows you to buy real stocks and shares from 15 of the largest stock exchanges in the world.
All trading is high risk and you can lose more than you risk on a trade. Never invest more than you can afford to lose, as some trades will lose and some trades will win. Start small to understand your own risk tolerance levels or practice on a demo account first to build your knowledge before investing.
CrowdStrike Holdings Fiscal Q3 2024 Performance
Here are some of the key highlights from the latest fiscal third-quarter earnings report from CrowdStrike Holdings:
- Earnings per share of 82 cents vs 40 cents same time last year and beating analyst estimates
- Revenue up 35% in Q3 to $786 million, beating analyst estimates
- Subscription sales up 34% to $733.5 million
- Full-year earnings per share forecast of $2.95 to $2.96 revised up from $2.80 to $2.84
- Full-year revenue forecast increased from $3.03 billion to $3.05 billion
CrowdStrike's earnings beat analyst estimates on most metrics with rising earnings and revenue for its fiscal third quarter and an increase in full-year earnings and revenue forecasts. With CrowdStrike, Wall Street analysts like to view the annual recurring revenue (ARR) figures. This is a metric which shows the normalized annual revenue a company is expecting to receive from its customers and is common to analyse businesses with a subscription-based model.
During the third quarter, CrowdStrike's ARR rose 35% to $3.15 billion - the highest level of any cybersecurity stock. While CrowdStrike competes with Microsoft in providing 'endpoint' security tools to detect malware on laptops and other devices it is building its own threat-detection cybersecurity platform called XDR.
However, one challenge with cybersecurity stocks is that their reputations can be ruined very quickly. If a hack is successful on one of CrowdStrikes' clients, then other customers could jump ship and move to a new cybersecurity provider, causing a significant decline in its stock price. Therefore, portfolio risk management is essential in navigating this potential issue.
CrowdStrike Holdings Stock Forecast - What do the Analysts Say?
According to analysts polled by TipRanks for a CrowdStrike Holdings stock forecast in the past 3 months, there are currently 35 buy, 2 hold and 0 sell ratings on the stock. The highest price level for a CrowdStrike Holdings stock forecast is $280.00 with the lowest price target at $191.00.
The average price target for a CrowdStrike Holdings stock forecast is $237.83.
An Example Trading Idea for the CrowdStrike Holdings Stock Price
An example trading idea for the CrowdStrike Holdings share price could be as follows:
- Buy the stock around $250.00 to allow for volatility.
- Target just below the highest analyst price target of $280.00.
- Keep your risk small at a maximum of 5% of your total account.
- Time Line = 1 – 6 months
- If you buy 10 CrowdStrike Holdings shares:
- If target is reached = $300.00 potential profit [($280.00 - $250.00) * 10 shares].
Remember that markets go up and down and it is unlikely the share price will move up in a straight line. In fact, it may even go much further down before it rises, especially considering how volatile cybersecurity stocks can be.
Be sure to exercise good risk management and always know how much you could potentially lose on a trade and the risks involved, as well as the costs.
With the Admirals Invest.MT5 account you can buy and sell US stocks with a commission from $0.02 per share. This means buying 10 shares in CrowdStrike Holdings stock would result in a commission of $0.20 ($0.02 * 10 shares) for executing a per-side transaction.
There is a low minimum transaction fee of $1. So, the example trading idea above would result in a commission of just $1 overall!
How to Buy CrowdStrike Holdings Stock in 4 Steps
With Admirals, you can buy shares in companies like CrowdStrike Holdings with a low commission of just $0.02 per share and a low minimum commission of just $1 on US stocks.
- Open an account with Admirals to access the dashboard.
- Click on Trade on one of your live or demo accounts to open the web platform.
- Search for your stock in the search window at the top right to view the live price chart.
- Click Create New Order from the bottom of the screen to open the trading ticket.
Click on the banner below to trade CrowdStrike Holdings stock today ▼▼▼
Do You See the CrowdStrike Holdings Stock Price Moving Differently?
Remember that all analytics and trading ideas are based on the personal view and experience of the author.
If you believe there is a higher chance CrowdStrike Holdings share price will move lower, then you can also trade short from a CFD (Contracts for Difference) trading account which Admirals also provide.
This means you can trade long and short to potentially profit from rising and falling stock prices.
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admirals’ investment firms operating under the Admirals trademark (hereinafter “Admirals”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With a view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitanchandra Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.