Tesla presents results and continues to break records
Tesla, the world's largest electric car maker, released its second-quarter results yesterday, beating all analysts' forecasts.
The manufacturer almost doubled its quarterly revenue compared to the previous year, reaching $11.958 dollars.
This figure is nearly $500 million higher than analysts' forecasts.
The increase in revenue and the improvement in margins have had a significant impact on Tesla's Earnings Per Share (BPA), which has risen to $1.45 versus the forecast of $0.93, an increase of more than 50%.
In this quarter the company broke some historical records, producing and delivering more than 200,000 vehicles, maintaining its average growth target of 50% for this year.
In addition, the company assured that it has expansion plans and sufficient liquidity to finance an increase in its production capacity in the long term.
The market has reacted to the announcement with a rise of 1.43%, so Tesla's stock in today's pre-opening is trading at $667.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, TSLA, 4H - Data range: from December 11, 2021 to July 27, 2021, conducted on July 27, 2021 at 9:30 am CET. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
In the chart above you can see the evolution of tesla's share price since December 11, with a periodicity of 4 hours.
In it you can see the formation of a descending triangle, which began to form in mid-January and was consolidated in early March.
Since then Tesla's stock has traded sideways within this triangle, with small impulses where the stock even reached the overbought zone, as shown by the RSI indicator, a moment used by traders to take profits.
The price has been circling the resistance of this downward triangle for several days and currently, the pre-opening shows that Tesla's share price is above this key level.
This is certainly a key action to watch for traders, as the breakout of this figure could cause a sharp advance on the quote and the beginning of a new upward cycle.
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) on Tesla and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Javier Olivan (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.