Tesla pushes Nasdaq to set new highs
During yesterday's session, the U.S. Nasdaq marked new all-time highs supported mainly by the rises led by Tesla to score 5.27%. This came after the company, led by Elon Musk, announced the opening of a solar energy charging and storage station in the capital of the Autonomous Region of Tibet in China.
Despite the generally positive results presented last April, doubts arising from an increase in inflation in the United States and the crisis caused by the shortage of semiconductor chips caused Tesla to break down the upward channel that had been following since the beginning of last March, which led the price to make a double-bottom formation as we commented in our analysis last May.
This double-bottom is represented by the level of the red stripe, and after relying on its average of 200 sessions in the red, the price has begun a new upward movement that could confirm the change of trend if it is finally able to overcome upwards the medium-term downtrend line that began at the beginning of the year at its all-time highs around 900 dollars per share.
As long as the price is not able to overcome its downtrend line, sentiment will remain negative, although a possible breakout of this level could cause a strong upward movement.
Tesla and Elon Musk are without doubt one of the major players in the market, so every news update about them garners the attention of the markets. Recently, we learned that the famous investor Michael Burry has positioned himself short in this company, so it seems that the volatility in this stock will continue to be important.
Source: Daily tesla chart from Admiral Markets’ MetaTrader 5 platform from February 10, 2020 to June 24, 2021. Held: on June 24 at 10:40 am CEST. Note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results or future performance.
Evolution of the last 5 years:
- 2020: 743.40%
- 2019: 25.71%
- 2018: 6.89%
- 2017: 45.69%
- 2016: -10.96%
Another of the great protagonists in the electric vehicle sector is undoubtedly NIO. If we look at the daily chart of this Chinese company listed in the United States, we can see how after marking historical highs at the beginning of this year around $66.90 per share, the price has followed a downward trend thus confirming the negative divergence that we could observe in its MACD indicator. This has led it to make a double-floor formation around $31 per share in the middle of last month.
Since that time, the price has experienced a strong upward trend that has led it to overcome several levels of resistance, causing an upward crossover of moving averages to reach again $48 per share.
Currently, the price is at the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement level of the latest uptick momentum in the vicinity of its 18-session moving average. These levels are currently its main support levels, so they could be an important support point for the future and in the face of a new upward momentum. The loss of these levels would open the door to a retracement to the 38.2% fibonacci level and if the price loses this level the current upward structure would be endangered.
Source: Daily NIO chart of Admiral Markets' MetaTrader 5 platform from February 10, 2020 to June 24, 2021. Held: on June 24 at 10:45 a.m. CEST. Note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results or future performance.
Evolution of the last 3 years:
- 2020: 1112.24%
- 2019: -36.89%
- 2018: -8.74%
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) on Tesla, NIO and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.