Is Palantir beginning to deflate on the stock market? It’s fallen 18% so far this week
A black week on the stock market for Palantir Technologies Inc. The shares of the Big Data software and analysis company have accumulated a decline of just over 18% this week after closing the day yesterday with a fall of 12.31% in the New York Stock Exchange.
The main reason for the decline in Palantir's shares was a Morgan Stanley report in which it downgraded the company to underweight by estimating that its shares were trading at a "significant premium" relative to the rest of the industry. In addition, the analyst who signed the report pointed out that the future risk/reward ratio looks negative.
This analysis joins that of Citron Research, which called Palantir's listing "a casino" and stated that it's shorting with a target price of $20 compared to the current $22.51. For its part, George Soros' fund has also indicated that it is selling shares in the company.
Palantir debuted on the stock market on September 30, and since then it has risen like foam: it has appreciated 144%. Despite the bad news of the week, at the pre-market opening its shares rose more than 5%.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Palantir daily chart. Data range: from September 30, 2020, to December 3, 2020. Prepared on December 3, 2020, at 10:40 a.m. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Additionally, Palantir has assured that the coronavirus pandemic is opening new opportunities for the company as it is winning government contracts to help in data processing both in clinical data and in the future distribution of vaccines.
Do you think Palantir will sustain this bullish rally in the long term or do you think the bubble will soon burst and change trend? With Admiral Markets UK Ltd you can speculate on the price movement of Palantir shares both up and down through Contracts for Difference (CFDs). If you want to start you already have two options: open a free demo account with virtual money or open a real trading account by clicking on the following banner:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information on all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other evaluations or similar information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the Admiral Markets website. Before making any investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
1. This is a marketing communication. The content is posted for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is not subject to any prohibition on pre-dissemination of investment research.
2. Each investment decision is made by each client alone, while Admiral Markets UK Ltd (Admiral Markets) will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, whether based on content or not.
3. In order to protect the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
4. The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Carolina Caro, SEO implementer (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimates.
5. While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate, and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy. or integrity of any information contained in the Analysis.
6. Any past performance or modelling of the financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee, or implication of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may rise and fall, and the preservation of the asset's value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may generate profit or loss. Before you start trading, make sure you fully understand the risks.