Moderna follows in Pfizer's footsteps: it stock shoots up 13% after announcing advances in its vaccine
The announcement of a new vaccine for Covid-19 has grown the increases which the main European indices showed this morning. Moderna has announced that its vaccine is 94.5% effective, up from 90% effectiveness announced by Pfizer a week ago.
In their statement, Moderna confirmed what it had indicated last Wednesday when it announced that its vaccine could be as good as Pfizer's. On that day, its shares soared more than 8% in the stock market, and today, the rise is even more pronounced: in the pre-opening of Wall Street, it rose about 14%, although then it opened the session with a rise of 9%. Despite this, the effect on stock indices has been more moderate than Pfizer's announcement a week ago.
The results could be interesting for Moderna's share price, which has already risen more than 350% this year. In 2019, it achieved 28% growth after debuting at the end of 2018 with losses.
Source: Admiral Markets Metatrader 5. Weekly Modern CFD Chart. Data range: from December 2, 2018 to November 16, 2020. Prepared on November 16, 2020 at 3.30 p.m. CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Did you know that with Admiral Markets UK Ltd you can invest in stock indices without having to choose individual stocks? You can do so through Contracts for Difference, or CFDs, derivative products whose price is based on an underlying asset. If you want to trade CFDs on indices you can open a demo account with virtual money or a real trading account. Just click on the following banner:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information on all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other evaluations or similar information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the Admiral Markets website. Before making any investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
1. This is a marketing communication. The content is posted for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is not subject to any prohibition on pre-dissemination of investment research.
2. Each investment decision is made by each client alone, while Admiral Markets UK Ltd (Admiral Markets) will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, whether based on content or not.
3. In order to protect the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
4. The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Carolina Caro, SEO implementer (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimates.
5. While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate, and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy. or integrity of any information contained in the Analysis.
6. Any past performance or modelling of the financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee, or implication of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may rise and fall, and the preservation of the asset's value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may generate profit or loss. Before you start trading, make sure you fully understand the risks.