Netflix sees all-time highs following Biden’s inauguration
January 20, 2021, will be remembered as the day Joe Biden was named the 46th president of the United States. New all-time highs post by several companies during the day will remain in the background, particularly as in recent years we experience wild upwards exceeding previous record highs more often than ever.
The reality is that Joe Biden saw the largest post-inauguration rise in the markets, surpassing President Herbert Hoover after the 1928 elections with a rise of 13,3%.
Despite the general increases of the day yesterday, we can say that one of the main leaders was Netflix, as it experienced a strong rise of more than 17%, up to 589.09 dollars per share, exceeding both its lateral range and its previous resistance in the green leading this company to overcome the barrier of 30,000 million dollars of market capitalization.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Netflix daily chart. Data range: from October 16, 2019 to January 21, 2021. Prepared on January 21, 2021 at 12:00 CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
These results showed that Netflix surpassed 200 million subscribers for the first time with an increase of 8.5 million during the last quarter of the year despite increased competition with platforms such as Amazon Prime Video, Disney + and HBO.
Price evolution of the last 5 years:
- 2020: 67.11%
- 2019: 20.89%
- 2018: 39.44%
- 2017: 55.06%
- 2016: 8.24%
With an Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Netflix and over 3,000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from both bull and bear markets, as well as profit from the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information on all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other evaluations or similar information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the Admiral Markets website. Before making any investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is posted for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is not subject to any prohibition on pre-dissemination of investment research.
- Each investment decision is made by each client alone, while Admiral Markets UK Ltd (Admiral Markets) will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, whether based on content or not.
- In order to protect the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Carolina Caro, SEO implementer (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimates.
- While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate, and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy. or integrity of any information contained in the Analysis.
- Any past performance or modelling of the financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee, or implication of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may rise and fall, and the preservation of the asset's value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may generate profit or loss. Before you start trading, make sure you fully understand the risks.