Partial takeover bid for Naturgy by the Dutch group InfraCo
Today, we heard the news that the Australian investment fund IFM investors, through its European subsidiary InfraCo based in the Netherlands, has made a voluntary and partial public offering of 22.69% of shares Naturgy, which is equivalent to a total of 220 million shares.
This offer has been made with a premium of more than 20% of the price before the market opens, with a price of 23 euros per share, which has caused the price to shoot up to around %16.60, surpassing the price of 22.32 euros per share.
In turn, Naturgy has issued a statement this morning, that it has learned of the terms and that the Board must assess the offer, and will make a pronouncement when it deems it appropriate, given that they continue to work for the interest of the shareholders.
Naturgy is a Spanish company listed on the IBEX35 operating within the energy sector, specifically electricity, gas, and renewable energy, which together with Iberdrola and Endesa dominates the Spanish energy sector. Naturgy carries out activities in the supply, generation, distribution and commercialization of natural gas and electricity.
Technically speaking, despite the fact that the energy sector has benefited greatly in recent years due to a low interest rate scenario which benefits its debt structure. During the past year, it has lost 15% of its value due to the coronavirus crisis which hit Spanish stock market, and after sharp falls in March 2020, the price was relatively unmoved for the rest of the year, within the lateral range reflected between the red and green bands.
After the break of this lateral range last November, the price began a clear upward trend that has been reinforced by setting the target price of this offer at 23 euros per share, which brings it closer to levels close to before the pandemic.
It is important to see how this stock will behave in the coming days and see if it is able to maintain current levels after overcoming resistance at 20.70 and 22 euros per share.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Naturgy daily chart. Data range: from October 3, 2019 to January 26, 2021. Prepared on January 26, 2021 at 12:30 CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution of the last 5 years:
- 2020: -15.35%
- 2019: 0.69%
- 2018: 15.63%
- 2017: 7.48%
- 2016: -4.25%
With an Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Naturgy and over 3,000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from both bull and bear markets, as well as profit from the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas, analyst, (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.