5 Key Markets Takeaway
Asian stock markets closed with no significant shifts after a trading session marked by the Bank of Japan decision to refrain from taking further fiscal measures on the top of the ones taken in March. As a result, there is a lack of trust among investors, as additional measures were expected.
Nevertheless, due to the new Coronavirus outbreak further measures to counteract the entry into deflation are not entirely ruled out by of the Bank of Japan.
On another note, this morning, New Zealand has decided to maintain interest rates at 0.25%, which signifies stability in the short term. However, the lack of additional measures could ultimately lead to a loss of consumer confidence.
5 Key Markets Takeaway of the day
1️⃣ The German IFO
business climate index that measures economic activity in the region shows good recovery. The previous reported level was 79.7, future expectations were projected at 84.0 and the final figure was 86.2, generating short term market optimism.
2️⃣ Oil Inventories
Today at 16:30 ( CET), we will find out if oil inventories will be cut as expected.The current output amounts to 1,215M, yet is expected to be cut to 0.299M. We will see what the impact of yesterday's earthquake in Mexico was and will be watching the evolution of the price and inventories of oil in the short term.
3️⃣ U.S vs China
Donald Trump stated that the US and China trade agreement will remain intact. This will benefit both countries' manufacturing sectors, which need each other more than either is willing to admit. The currency war is likely to continue as both nations rely heavily on export and a weak currency is a must.
4️⃣ Coronavirus outbreaks
South Korea has already officially confirmed the second outbreak. Markets and countries have not seemed to account for this yet. Expectations are that countries with large consumer markets would again, be impacted most.
5️⃣ Commodities as shelter value
As we commented yesterday, Gold continues its bullish trend, breaking short term resistance levels. Oil investors, on the other hand, are waiting for today's AIE inventory data.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Juan Cadiñanos, Country Manager, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.