Will the upward race of technology companies continue? JP Morgan thinks so
The upward pull of the large technology companies that are listed on the stock market is still having its way in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic. At least this is what analysts at JP Morgan maintain, who confirm their recommendation to maintain investment in a sector that is setting record after record in financial markets.
The coronavirus pandemic, which is affecting every country globally is changing consumer habits, who are now increasingly betting on online commerce. The pandemic has also favoured teleworking, subscriptions to streaming platforms and the purchase of video games. These changes in trend mean that the technology sector is emerging from the crisis stronger and that most of the large investors have taken positions in it.
JP Morgan analysts believe, according to Reuters reports, that unlike the dot-com bubble, this bullish rally has consistent fundamentals, supported by significant gains in the first half of 2020.
In this scenario, traders have several options to take advantage of the trend. One of them is to invest directly in FAANG shares. Another alternative is to invest in a technology ETF. Did you know that with Admiral Markets UK Ltd you can trade the Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF?
How to trade a technology ETF?
If you are interested in investing in a technology ETF instead of analyzing the stocks of big technology one by one, with Admiral Markets UK Ltd you can invest in the Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF with these simple steps:
- Log in with your trading account or open a new live account.
- Open your MetaTrader platform and, in 'Symbols', write Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index or #FTEC.
- Drag the symbol onto the graph.
- Click on the right button of the mouse on the chart and in 'Operations' select 'New Order'.
- Choose the volume, stop loss, take profit and then confirm the operation.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. #FTEC daily chart. Data range: from April 5, 2019, to August 23, 2020. Prepared on August 23, 2020, at 9:15 am. Keep in mind that past results do not guarantee future returns.
Still not ready to trade with a live trading account? With Admiral Markets you can open a free demo account with which you can test your trading ideas and strategies in a virtual environment. You can open your FREE demo account by clicking on the following banner:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Carolina Caro, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.