Morgan Stanley closes 2020 as the best year in its history
Morgan Stanley recorded a profit of 10,996 million dollars for 2020, a historical result which of an increase of 22% over 2019. The bank has managed to close its best year in history, right in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic. Its annual net turnover amounted to 48,198 million dollars, 16% more than the previous year.
The area of activity which contributed most its results exceeding forecasts was stock trading, especially in the fourth quarter, increasing turnover by 39% to 7,004 million dollars.
The reception of these results by investors has been very moderate since, despite initially rising by 2%, it closed the session last night on Wall Street with a fall of 0.20%. In today's pre-opening it rose 0.60% and is close to $ 75.
Investors are likely to have taken advantage of the news to reap a profit as the bank's shares have appreciated just over 9% since the start of 2021. In 2020, the share price rose 34.06%.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Morgan Stanley CFD daily chart. Data range: from July 25, 2016 to January 21, 2021. Prepared on January 21, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
With an Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Morgan Stanley and over 3,000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from both bull and bear markets, as well as profit from the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information on all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other evaluations or similar information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the Admiral Markets website. Before making any investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is posted for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is not subject to any prohibition on pre-dissemination of investment research.
- Each investment decision is made by each client alone, while Admiral Markets UK Ltd (Admiral Markets) will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, whether based on content or not.
- In order to protect the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Carolina Caro, SEO implementer (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimates.
- While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate, and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy. or integrity of any information contained in the Analysis.
- Any past performance or modelling of the financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee, or implication of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may rise and fall, and the preservation of the asset's value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may generate profit or loss. Before you start trading, make sure you fully understand the risks.