Microsoft continues its acquisition spree with Nuance
Last March, Microsoft announced the purchase of Bethesda for $7.5 billion, and now they have confirmed the purchase of Nuance Communications for $19.7 billion, making this their second-largest purchase so far after the $27 billion purchase of LinkedIn in 2016.
Nuance Communications works with speech recognition systems through the use of artificial intelligence, which allows it to enhance its cloud services, according to the statement issued by Microsoft. In addition, Microsoft strengthens not only your business services division, but also their medical division, as Nuance is one of the leading providers of medical software as well as medical transcription systems that digitize all types of medical tests such as CTs and MRIs.
This may not be Microsoft's last purchase this year, since as we mentioned last March, the company also has an interest in the possible purchase of the popular communication platform Discord, for $8.4 billion.
As we mentioned on previous occasions, Microsoft is following a strong upward trend in recent months, which has been strengthened after the breakdown of the triangle at the beginning of this month of April, which has led it to set new all-time highs.
If we look at the graph, although the uptrend seems clear, we can see that the price is currently at overbought levels as we can see in its stochastic indicator, far from its moving averages and its support levels. We can rule out that the price may make a correction in the next few days or enter a lateral period to get out of said overbought accumulation.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Microsoft daily chart. Data range: from December 9, 2019 to April 13, 2021. Prepared on April 13, 2021 at 12:50 CEST. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: 41.04%
- 2019: 55.26%
- 2018: 18.74%
- 2017: 37.66%
- 2016: 12%
With the Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) of Microsoft and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.