DAX30 consolidating between 12,200 and 12,500 – bullish breakout ahead?
Source: Economic Events June 22, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
After a weak start into the last week of trading, the Fed helped the DAX30 push back above 12,000 points last Monday. Over the last days, the German index has stabilised between 12,170/200 and 12,450/500 points.
The announcement that the Fed is to begin buying a broad portfolio of US corporate bonds and Equities, intending to further narrow the gap in US central bank buying, underlines once again why traders shouldn't "fight the Fed", we consider chances of a bullish breakout elevated.
This breakout activates a projected target around 12,750 and above, around 12,900 points in the coming days.
Still, it needs to be seen whether Equities can continue to trade higher given the fact that the only bullish driver seems to be central bank liquidity.
And with rising fears around a second wave Coronavirus (Beijing started to once again close schools last Tuesday, while City Government raised their COVID-19 Emergency Response Level from III to II), markets could be hit by broader selling pressure again in the days to come.
That said, the technical main focus on the downside if we get to see a break below 12,170/200 points would initially be found on the projected and psychologically relevant region around 12,000 points, a stint lower activates the region around 11,800 points:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Hourly chart (between June 2, 2020, to June 19, 2020). Accessed: June 19, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between March 6, 2019, to June 19, 2020). Accessed: June 19, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, in 2019, it increased by 26.44% meaning that after five years, it was up by 34.2%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.