The pandemic continues to weigh down H&M, slowing its recovery on the stock market
Shares of Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) fell more than 3% on the Stockholm Stock Exchange after presenting results still heavily hurt by the pandemic:
- Its local currency sales fell 10% in its fourth fiscal quarter
- It fell 19% in the third quarter
- Its turnover fell 50% in the second quarter
In the whole of the fiscal year (December-November) the fashion chain recorded a drop in sales of 18% year-on-year, to 187,025 million Swedish crowns (18,288 million euros), due to the impact of the mobility restrictions imposed to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Weekly CFD H&M chart. Data range: from November 22, 2015 to December 15, 2020. Prepared on December 15, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Due to the impact of the pandemic, H&M has fallen about 8% on the stock market so far in 2020, although it was coming off a long-term downtrend. In the past five years it has lost 46% of its value and only closed the year 2019 positively, with an increase of 51%.
Another textile company that has presented results is Inditex, owner of Zara, which in the first nine months of its fiscal year (February-October) had a turnover of 28.9% less than a year earlier, although in the third quarter it managed to overcome the losses it had registered in the first six months. Its shares, like those of H&M, fell about 3% on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
Do you think H&M or Inditex will maintain this trend in the short term or do you think they will soon reactivate with the arrival of the Covid-19 vaccine? With Admiral Markets UK Ltd you can speculate on the movement of these companies' shares both up and down through Contracts for Difference, or CFDs. If you want to start you already have two options: open a free demo account with virtual money or open a real trading account by clicking on the following banner:
INFORMATION ON ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The data provided provides additional information on all analyzes, estimates, forecasts, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other evaluations or similar information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the Admiral Markets website. Before making any investment decisions, pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is posted for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and is not subject to any prohibition on pre-dissemination of investment research.
- Each investment decision is made by each client alone, while Admiral Markets UK Ltd (Admiral Markets) will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such a decision, whether based on content or not.
- In order to protect the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for the prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Carolina Caro, SEO implementer (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimates.
- While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that all sources of content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, accurate, and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee accuracy. or integrity of any information contained in the Analysis.
- Any past performance or modelling of the financial instruments indicated in the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee, or implication of Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may rise and fall, and the preservation of the asset's value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may generate profit or loss. Before you start trading, make sure you fully understand the risks.