NVIDIA stock break to all-time highs!
Yesterday, shares in Nvidia surged higher to break to a new record high price level - one month before its latest quarterly earnings update. The company’s share price has spent much of the past six months in a trading range between ~$588.00 and ~$470.00.
However, the price has now finally broken through to the upside. An attempt to break to new record highs above this range was made earlier in the year but failed. Price subsequently retreated and went on to trade at the lower support line of the sideways range.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, #NVDA, Weekly - Data range: from Mar 9, 2014, to Apr 13, 2021, performed on Apr 13, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
The move higher has been triggered by more than a dozen analysts increasing their price target for the stock due to the launch of a new chip based on Arm technology. It’s also risen due to a more bullish backdrop in the technology sector which has struggled in recent months.
The price on the weekly chart has also most recently rejected the weekly 50-period exponential moving average shown by the red line in the chart above. Historically, the price has overextended away from this moving average, suggesting there could be more further upside yet to go.
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals (formerly Admiral Markets) to the exclusive Supreme Edition! You’ll also receive a whole range of advanced trading tools such as correlation and sentiment indicators!
Start your free download by clicking on the banner below:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.