Gold traders carefully watching the US GDP and Fed on Wednesday
Source: Economic Events April 29, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
When looking at Gold, the overall picture hasn't changed. The precious metal continues to trade around 1,700 USD, even though it has technically picked up with a slight bearish touch from the bearish divergence in the RSI(14) on a daily time-frame (orange).
On Wednesday the main focus will likely be on the US GDP data, and the Fed in the evening.
The GDP Growth Rate is expected to come in at -4%, mainly due to the Corona lockdown. This would indicate the first signs in terms of an economic downturn, and any print which comes in below -4% could potentially result in stronger demand for Gold.
In the evening, the Fed will announce its decision for the benchmark interest rate, and while according to the Fed Watch Tool, no change is expected, but some indications that the Fed may cut into negative territory can be seen.
But even if this won't happen, market participants will carefully watch other monetary policy moves the Fed may consider as an influence on markets and the world economy.
In general, we sustain our bullish take on Gold, favour Long engagements from a risk-reward perspective, and also from a purely technical perspective, as long as we trade above 1,440/450 USD.
If we get to see a short-term corrective move, a potential first target around 1,650 USD while a first target on the upside can be found around 1,800 USD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between January 24, 2019, to April 24, 2020). Accessed: April 24, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of Gold fell by 10.4%, in 2016, it increased by 8.1%, in 2017, it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, in 2019, it increased by 18.9%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 28%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.