Will Gold bulls sustainably recapture 1,900 USD soon?
Source: Economic Events October 07, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
Gold saw a solid start into the week, pushing back above the 1,900 USD mark.
One reason might be the "mixed" jobs report from last Friday. The report showed that the US economy generated 661k jobs in September and the unemployment rate fell to 7.9%.
While a falling unemployment rate is usually a positive sign, the truth is that out of more than 22 million jobs lost in March and April due to the Corona lockdown only around 11.3 million have been recovered so far.
That in mind, we are convinced that the FED has no other choice than to act and start ballooning its balance sheet again, thus financing the needed Corona relief package which Democrats and Republicans need to deliver.
When looking at recent data from the Commitment of Traders Report, we can possibly see why large speculators have increased their bullish Gold bets over the past week again, potentially in anticipation of such an inevitable move from the FED and the US government.
But before we get overly optimistic, the daily chart continues to paint a short-term bearish picture as long as we trade below 1,975 USD.
In fact, bears consider the region around 1,900/920 USD as a potential short-trigger against which another run to as low as 1,800 USD remains an option:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between May 23, 2019, to October 06, 2020). Accessed: October 06, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of Gold fell by 10.4%, in 2016, it increased by 8.1%, in 2017, it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, and in 2019, it increased by 18.9%, meaning that in five years, it was up by 28%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level than with MetaTrader 4. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.