The EUR/USD broke above 1.1000 – a target of around 1.1200/50 activated
Source: Economic Events May 29, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
Despite the stable performance in 10-year US yields over the last few days, the EUR/USD saw a break above 1.1000.
The main driver for the bullishness was the announcement of the EU commission, proposing a 750 Billion Euro fiscal stimulus package with 500 billion Euro in grants and 250 billion in loans.
While this might not come as such a big surprise after Germany and France's Merkel and Macron proposed a 500 billion EU recovery fund on May 18, which would offer grants to European Union regions and sectors hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic. This can be considered the first step towards a transfer union in addition to the massive monetary support from the ECB bullish for the Euro.
If today's US economic projections, especially in terms of Personal Spending, see a further and even sharper than expected drop than -12.6% and after it dropped by 7.5% in March month-over-month, showing the largest decline in personal spending on record induced by the Corona-lockdown, yet bullish momentum in the EUR/USD could accelerate even further.
That's particularly true if the focus in 10-year US Treasury yields goes back to the important 0.60% mark where a break lower would narrow the yield differential between EU and US bonds further, favouring gains in the EUR/USD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on EUR/USD Daily chart (between March 29, 2019, to May 28, 2020). Accessed: May 28, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the EUR/USD fell by 10.2%, in 2016, it fell by 3.2%, in 2017, it increased by 13.92%, 2018, it fell by 4.4%, 2019, it fell by 2.2%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 7.3%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.