Source: Economic Events 04 November 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
After the FED cut by 25 basis points last Wednesday, along with stating that the US central bank will act in a more data-dependent way regarding future monetary policy decisions, the ISM Manufacturing PMI printed at 48.3 points for October, rising slightly from a decade-low of 47.8 points, but still missing market expectations of 48.9 points, keeping near-term recession fears in the US elevated and thus fuelling hopes of further rate cuts and liquidity injections from the FED.
The DAX30 CFD fell short of breaking 13,000 points, but since the economic calendar is quite thin today, the DAX30 CFD will mainly be driven by technical components. In this respect, the German index finds a clear advantage on the long side.
If we get to see an attack, a squeeze higher to 13,050/100 seems likely. Still, given rising fears around trade positions hardening again between the US and China, we wouldn't be too optimistic and would take long-engagements in equities only with a reduced position size.
On the downside, the focus clearly lies on the region around 12,800 points.
A break lower makes a further drop as low as 12,600 points an option, a little more conservative bearish target can already be found around 12,650/670 points.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between 26 July 2018 to 01 November 2019). Accessed: 01 November 2019 at 10:00 PM GMT
Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 2.65%, in 2015, it increased by 9.56%, in 2016 it increased by 6.87%, in 2017 it increased by 12.51%, in 2018 it fell by 18.26%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 10.5%.
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.