DAX30 bulls losing steam, but still in charge of the action – for now
Source: Economic Events May 25, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
While the start into the week will probably be a bit slow in Equities given the US bank holiday "Memorial Day" (modified trading hours for Monday, May 25 can be found here), it still makes a lot of sense to give the DAX30 a close look with an eye on the upcoming days.
While the German DAX30 began with massive gains last week, driven by the comments from Fed chairman Powell on CBS' "60 Minutes" and Merkel's and Macron's proposal of a 500 billion EU recovery fund that would offer grants to European Union regions and sectors hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic, the German index lost some of its bullishness into the last weekly close.
In fact, on H1 a bearish divergence developed in the RSI(14), pointing to at least some diminishing bearish momentum.
Indeed, one could consider this divergence as confirmed after the drop below 11,000 points and now opening further bearish potential as low as 10,500/550 points in the days to come.
If DAX bulls can on the other hand re-capture 11,000 points and the bullish momentum continues over the next days, a break above the April highs around 11,350 points makes a re-test of the SMA(200) around 12,000/050 points a realistic option.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between February 5, 2019, to May 22, 2020). Accessed: May 22, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, in 2019, it increased by 26.44% meaning that after five years, it was up by 34.2%.
Check out Admiral Markets' most competitive conditions on the DAX30 CFD and start trading on the DAX30 CFD with a low 0.8 point spread offering during the main Xetra trading hours!
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.