ADP expected at -20 million on Wednesday – Gold with new yearly highs?
Source: Economic Events May 6, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
On Wednesday, Gold traders will watch the ADP employment change in excitement.
After ADP data dropped to -27,000 in March, showing the first fall in private payrolls since September of 2017 with the report only including data through March 12th and thus not fully reflecting the impact of the coronavirus, analysts expect the ADP employment change to come in at -20 million.
Especially after initial jobless claims showing a number of over 30 million over the course of the last six weeks, this expectation seems to draw a more realistic picture of the current US employment situation, given the Corona lockdown.
Any number which comes in even worse could realistically trigger a next sharper leg up in the yellow metal, bringing the region around 1,750 USD back into focus in the days to come.
On the other hand, we'd again like to point out the bearish divergence in the RSI(14) on a daily time-frame (orange) which would be confirmed with a break below 1,660 USD and make a deeper corrective move as low as 1,630/35 USD possible.
Still, With that in mind, we keep our bullish take on Gold, favour Long engagements from a risk-reward perspective, but also from a purely technical perspective as long as we trade above 1,440/450 USD.
If we the short-term corrective move accelerates, a potential first target around 1,650 USD while a first target on the upside can be found around 1,800 USD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between February 4, 2019, to May 5, 2020). Accessed: May 5, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of Gold fell by 10.4%, in 2016, it increased by 8.1%, in 2017, it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, in 2019, it increased by 18.9%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 28%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.