Gold bulls with a clear focus on 1,800 USD – a break ahead?
Source: Economic Events July 8, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
When looking at the price action in Gold, it may not be clear why a deeper look is worth our time. Well, we think, for several reasons, that we can expect a sharp move to be on the way.
While the precious metal has so far failed to substantially break above 1,800 USD, the stabilisation slightly below may surprise.
In fact, the Fed's balance sheet shrank by another 163 billion USD last week, resulting in the third week in a row that the Fed saw a reduction here. While this might surprise at first glance, a deeper look shows what's happening: the reduction results out of a continuing decline in demand for the US central bank's USD swap lines from foreign central banks like the ECB, BoJ or BoE.
While the balance sheet reduction continues this week with 130 billion USD of FX swaps expiring, Gold traders and precious metal traders in general seem to prepare and anticipate a more aggressive approach from the Fed in the near future, most likely to happen once Equity markets start to see sharp volatility again.
Once this happens, chances become elevated that we get to see an attempt to break above 1,800 USD, then to the highest levels since 2012, levelling the path rather sooner than later up to the current all-time high around 1,920 USD.
Technically the mode on a daily time-frame in Gold stays bullish as long as we trade above 1,660 USD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between April 8, 2019 to July 7, 2020). Accessed: July 7, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, in 2019, it increased by 26.44% meaning that after five years, it was up by 34.2%.
Check out Admiral Markets' most competitive conditions on the DAX30 CFD and start trading on the DAX30 CFD with a low 0.8 point spread offering during the main Xetra trading hours!
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.