Source: Economic Events April 3, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
In last Monday's weekly market outlook, we suggested that if the stabilisation of the 10-year US Treasury yields continues, "the USD/JPY could quickly reconquer 110.80/111.00 and go for another test of the region around the current yearly-highs of around 112."
Monday also gave us a very solid ISM Manufacturing reading, which certainly worked in our favor. In combination with similarly solid Chinese Caixin/Markit PMIs, the path was levelled above 111.00 into the start of the week.
If today's ISM Non-Manufacturing data reads equally solid, it could be fuel for speculation that it's the uncertainty around the trade conflict between the US and China which is currently holding business back, and awaiting a deal to be struck to spring back. The USD/JPY has a very good chance of testing 112.00 today, and possibly break even higher in the second half of the week, opening the door up to 114.00/50.
Only a drop back below 109.70 would technically darken the picture, and would quickly result in further losses with a dynamic push down to around 108.50.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on USD/JPY 4-hour chart (between January 18, 2019, to April 2, 2019). Accessed: April 2, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of USD/JPY increased by 13.7%, in 2015, it increased by 0.5%, in 2016, it fell by 2.8%, in 2017, it fell by 3.6%, in 2018, it fell by 2.7%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 4.1%.
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.