Source: Economic Events April 5, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
After the United States NFPs increased by just 20,000 in February - well below market expectations of 180,000 - following an upwardly revised 311,000 rise in January, we can only speculate that further disappointing readings of US labour data are yet to come. ADP data, usually a good indication for the NFPs, also came in below expectations on Wednesday, printing at just 129,000 against the 170,000 expected.
Nevertheless, the US dollar didn't take on any significant bearish momentum, not just in response to this, but additionally, the ISM Employment index saw a dip from 55.9 points from 55.2 points after the prior month.
This can probably be considered a sign of USD strength. However, looking at the USD/CAD and expectations of subdued CA employment change (markets currently expect the Canadian economy to report that they have added only 1,000 jobs in March), it seems as if we could draw a bullish picture, with focus on the region around 1.3470.
If today's data points towards this region, a break higher in the coming days could occur, preparing USD/CAD for a stint up to 1.3670/3700.
But even if the data sets from the two countries do not deliver the fuel for such a stint, trading above the superordinate trend line on a daily time frame keeps USD/CAD technical picture bullish:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on USD/CAD Daily chart (between January 14, 2018, to April 4, 2019). Accessed: April 4, 2019 at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the USD/CAD increased by 9.4%, in 2015, it increased by 19.1%, in 2016, it fell by 2.9%, in 2017, it fell by 6.4%, in 2018, it increased by 8.4%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 28.4%.
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.