Shares in Netflix are up more than 100% from the coronavirus pandemic low in March 2020 to the current high of 2021. However, the stock that outperformed during lockdowns is now feeling the pain as investors look to life after a successful coronavirus vaccine rollout.
Over the past several weeks we have seen a rotation out of high-flying tech stocks and into undervalued industrials. The long-term, weekly chart below shows the rally higher in Netflix’s share price before entering a trading range towards the end of 2020 which it is still in.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5, #NFLX, Weekly - Data range: from Aug 4, 2013, to Mar 4, 2021, performed on Mar 4, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
From the top of the trading range around $573.00, it’s a roughly 23% drop to the bottom of the trading range around $466.00. As sellers have already started to take control, there’s still around 15% left for the price to fall further.
Some traders may choose to use Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and speculate on the price falling further by shorting the market. Some investors may consider waiting for the price to reach the bottom of the trading before buying more shares at a lower price.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5, #NFLX, Daily - Data range: from May 22, 2020, to Mar 4, 2021, performed on Mar 4, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
The daily chart above shows the current range that has developed in Netflix’s share price more clearly. As the levels of upper resistance and lower support are well defined they provide interesting areas for traders and investors to lean against.
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on this index and thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admiral Markets UK Ltd to the exclusive Admiral Markets Supreme Edition! You’ll also receive a whole range of advanced trading tools such as correlation and sentiment indicators!
Start your free download by clicking on the banner below:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.