Amazon stock surges on huge earnings beat! What’s next?
Amazon shares surged higher in premarket trading to new a record high on an earnings report that smashed Wall Street’s expectations. The stock was instantly up 3.5% on the announcement after the closing bell yesterday.
The e-commerce giant posted earnings of $15.79 per share against $9.54 per share expected. Revenue came in at $108.52 billion versus an expected $104.47 billion.
Sales were up more than 44% year on year, largely helped by the surge in demand of online shopping over the pandemic.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, AMZN, Monthly - Data range: from Jul 1, 2013, to Apr 29, 2021, performed on Apr 29, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
While Amazon’s share price has been rising in the long term, it has spent much of the past six months in a trading range. However, the price has now broken to new all-time high levels, suggesting a breakout of the range.
If the buyers can hold above the recent range it could be a platform for more buyers to step in. Watching price action and cycle formations will be key for confirmation of this.
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on Amazon’s share price and thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals (formerly Admiral Markets) to the exclusive Supreme Edition!
Start your free download by clicking on the banner below:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.