Source: Economic Events July 5, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
Into the weekly close, we want to look at Gold again. With the Non-Farm Payrolls being published, we face a potential market mover - even though Gold presented itself already and once again quite volatile over the last days.
The reason can most likely be found in a Tweet from US president Trump: in this tweet, he talks about his intention to nominate Judy Shelton to be on the board of the Federal Reserve. What's interesting about Shelton is, that beside her ongoing criticism of the Fed, in 2019, she said that she hoped for a new Bretton Woods-style conference where countries would agree to return to the Gold standard.
As a result of Trump's tweet, and 10-year USTs dropping below 2% again, Gold again attacked its current yearly highs around 1,440 USD.
If today's NFPs disappoint, new yearly highs are likely in the precious metal, and could potentially level the path up to 1,480/490 USD in the days to come.
In fact, chances are good that NFPs will see at least a mixed number, probably worse than that. The reason can be found in the 'not so good' ADP reading on last Wednesday: here, numbers printed the biggest miss since February 2010, with the second significant plunge in small businesses and here between 1- 19 employees which is noteworthy due to their leading tendency for the economic cycle.
With that in mind, another stint towards and below 1,400 USD seems unlikely. And even if we, by surprise, get to see such a development, the next potential target can be found around 1,360/365 USD, the multi-year breakout region June 20, and potential midterm Long trigger:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on Gold Daily chart (between April 4, 2018, to July 4, 2019). Accessed: July 4, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of Gold fell by 1.7%, in 2015, it fell by 10.4%, in 2016 it increased by 8.1%, in 2017 it increased by 13.1%, in 2018, it fell by 1.6%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 6.4%.
Investing in Forex with Admiral Markets
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.