Source: Economic Events August 19, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
As we start the trading week, we want to focus on the DAX30 CFD. While the economic docket is quite thin, and the main focus among market participants certainly lies with the intensifying trade dispute between the USA and China, the eurozone's inflation will at least taken with elevated interest.
This is especially true after the latest comments from Finnish ECB member Rehn ,who said in an interview with the Wallstreet Journal last Thursday that "it is important that we (the ECB) come up with a significant and impactful policy package in September".
With that in mind, any print which comes in below expectations could result in a bullish stint, at least short-term, since market participants could consider such a low inflation reading as an intensifying sign of the ECB delivering such a significant stimulus package (and surely vice versa: a higher than expected print could trigger bearish impulses in the DAX30 CFD).
Technically, the main focus in the DAX30 CFD can be found around 11,550 points on the upside where a break higher would trigger further bullish respectively corrective momentum, activating 11,850 points as a potential target.
On the other hand, failing to recapture 11,550 could trigger another bearish stint down to the pre-weekly lows around 11,250 points, especially if we drop back below 11,400 points:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between May 18, 2018, to August 16, 2019). Accessed: August 16, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 2.65%, in 2015, it increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 10.5%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.