Weekly Market Outlook RBA, BOC & ECB in focus
It’s a big week ahead with central bank announcements from the Reserve Bank of Australia on Tuesday, the Bank of Canada on Wednesday and the European Central Bank on Thursday. As the Fed has announced plans to start tapering Covid stimulus measures, all eyes are now on which central bank will be next.
The rest of the week is relatively light on the economic data front with Friday’s Canada Unemployment Rate the next big focus. However, with the start of a new month and a run to the end of the year, all eyes will be on stock market indices which have been surging higher in recent months.
You can learn more about some of the global themes affecting the markets in this selection of new education articles.
- 5 Best Investments for the Rest of 2021
- Best oil ETFs to Watch over Summer
- Top 5 Blockchain Stocks to Buy This Year
Weekly Forex Calendar
Source: Forex Calendar from the MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals.
Did you know that three times a week, three professional traders talk through the markets live and show you how to identify potential trading opportunities? Reserve your complimentary spot in the Admirals Spotlight webinar now by clicking the banner below!
Trader’s Radar – ECB Press Conference
On Thursday 9 September, the European Central Bank releases its latest monetary policy report at 12.45 pm BST which will be followed by a press conference at 1.30 pm BST. It will be widely watched this week as rumours have been circulating stating the central bank could start to taper as early as December.
While some policymakers have tried to down play the prospects of tapering, the market is preparing for a big shift in policy stance. This has been evident from the rise in the euro over the past few weeks, especially against the US dollar.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, EURUSD, Monthly - Data range: from Aug 1, 2013, to Sep 3 2021. Performed on Sep 3 2021, at 7:00 am GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
The monthly price chart of EURUSD above shows the recent wedge formation that has developed. The series of lower highs and higher lows between the descending and ascending black lines.
The price has tried to break through the bottom in recent weeks but has failed as buyers pushed the currency pair back inside of the wedge formation. A shift in policy stance from the ECB could see buyers attempt a push back to the top of the wedge formation so it’s one to watch.
If you’re feeling inspired and ready to trade live in the market, you can open a live trading account by clicking on the banner below and accessing an impressive range of trading features to support you in your journey.
Corporate Trading Updates and Stock Indices
The TINA trade continues to remain alive in global stock market indices. The fact that ‘There Is No Alternative’ continues to underpin demand for stocks – especially in the United States and in the technology sector.
European stock market indices have underperformed their American counterparts, and Asia stock market indices have underperformed to an even greater extent. Seasonally, stock markets are entering a bearish period before the Santa Claus rally at the end of the year.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5, SP500, Daily - Data range: from Dec 7, 2020, to Sep 3, 2021, performed on Sep 3, 2021, at 6:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Past five-year performance of the S&P 500:
- 2020 = +16.17%
- 2019 = +29.09%
- 2018 = -5.96%
- 2017 = +19.08%
- 2016 = +8.80
In the daily chart of the S&P 500 stock market index above, the uptrend remains intact. The price has bounced off the moving averages several times this year underpinning the strength of the US stock market.
These levels continue to remain as zones for potential turning points and confirmation that the trend is still up. While some analysts are calling for a deeper correction before year-end, it’s important to trade what we see.
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on this index and thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals to the exclusive Supreme Edition!
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.