Changes in Cyprus Insurance Coverage
We are happy to inform you that, effective last Monday, March 1, 2021, our clients funds protection insurance policy for Admiral Markets Cyprus clients* was established. From now on, your money has a significantly higher protection level, up to 100.000 EUR!
Insurance benefits automatically extend to Admiral Markets Cyprus clients, with no actions necessary, and no additional fees or costs added.
This new insurance is a component of our full security offer, along with segregated client money accounts at the biggest banks of the world (no Cyprus banks), EU-wide negative account balance protection for Retail Clients (following CFD regulation in EU), and our additional Negative Account Balance Protection Policy concerning CFD trading risks for Professional Clients.
What is covered:
- Only the eligible securities and cash of Admiral Markets Cyprus clients in the event of an Insolvency.
What is not covered:
- Investment/Trading performance is NOT covered. Leveraged products are highly speculative and carry a high risk of trading loss. Trade responsibly!
We added the Insurance Certificate here.
This is one more way that we at Admiral Markets Cyprus go the extra mile to make sure your funds are protected. The standard client protection via the ICF (Investor Compensation Fund) is limited up to 20,000 EUR to a covered client, but your security is our priority, so we want to provide the best possible protection available.
* More than 99% of all our clients will be covered via the insurance policy. However, to be precise, some clients will not be covered, as:
- An incorporated company other than a small business (in this context, a ‘small business’ is deemed to be a partnership, body corporate, unincorporated association or mutual association with an annual turnover of less than USD 1m).
- A partnership (other than as detailed above).
- A mutual association (other than as detailed above).
- An overseas financial services institution.
- A collective investment scheme, or anyone who is the operator or trustee of such a scheme.
- A pension or retirement fund.
- A supranational institution, government, or central administrative authority.
- A provincial, regional, local or municipal authority.
- A person who, in the opinion of the insurers, is responsible for, or will contribute to the insolvency of Admiral Markets Cyprus.
- A person whose claim arises from transactions in connection with which they have been convicted of an offence of money laundering.