Vodafone announces that it will be taking its communication towers subsidiary public
On 13 January Telefónica announced the sale of 30,722 tower sites by its subsidiary Telxius to American Tower Corporation (ATC). Now, Vodafone has announced a similar spin-off, which will float its telecommunications tower subsidiary Vantage Towers on the stock exchange.
This operation will take the form of an IPO expected at the end of March through the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The valuation of this company could reach a total of 18 billion euros, as it currently operates a total of 82,000 telecommunications towers in 10 countries, with its main market being Germany. However, this IPO is expected to raise €3 billion, as Vodafone will only sell a significant minority stake to provide liquidity for the subsidiary.
This operation could be a big step for the growth of this subsidiary, which could bring profits to the Vodafone group in the future.
Technically, Vodafone is in a broad sideways consolidation channel after the strong rise during the last quarter of 2020, after forming the double bottom at the level close to 100 GBX per share that led it to break the long-term downtrend line that started in January 2018.
This upward momentum has led it to pull back to the 23.6% fibonacci level, after a bullish crossover in both its short and medium-term moving averages (black and orange) of the 0 level on the MACD indicator. This could indicate the strength of the rebound, although for the price to continue its uptrend it is essential that it overcomes the upper band of the sideways channel in green.
A break through this level could lead the price to look for its next resistance level at 142 and the overcoming of this level could leave the price a bullish path up to the next fibonacci level of 38.2% coinciding with its current 200-session average as the main long-term resistance.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5 - Vodafone Weekly Chart. Date Range: 5 October 2014 - 24 February 2021. Date Captured: 24 February 2021. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future performance.
Evolution of the last five years:
- 2020: -17.59%
- 2019: -4.02%
- 2018: -34.94%
- 2017: 17.59%
- 2016: -9.57%
Trade With the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform
Admiral Markets offers traders the number 1 multi-asset trading platform in the world completely free! MetaTrader 5 enables traders access to superior charting capabilities, free real-time market data & analysis, the best trading widgets available, and much more! Click the banner below to start your free download:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst Roberto Rojas, Freelance Contributor (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.