Top 10 Forex Trading Apps And Platforms
Traders all around the world are benefiting from their successes in the Forex market. However, it's not an easy market to conquer - traders have to keep up with the latest developments, news and events in the financial world. In recent years it has become easier with the increased use of mobile devices, and the development of Forex trading apps, like the MetaTrader 4 app.
Table of Contents
- Forex Trading App | Introduction
- Forex Trading App | Tutorial
- Best Forex Trading App
- Top 10 Top Forex Trading Apps
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
- Forex Hours
- NetDania Stock and Forex Trader
- TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim
- Forex Calendar, Market & News
- Trade Interceptor
- Forex Game
- Bloomberg Business Mobile App
- Choosing a Broker - Forex Broker for Beginners
- Final Thoughts
Professional traders no longer have to stay chained to a desk, because Forex trading is now easier than ever to perform from almost any location in the world. This is because any platforms and brokers are offering real-time trading through mobile apps, like the MetaTrader 4 app for PC and mobile device. Forex mobile trading is more important than ever before in this world of 24/7 trading, and 24/7 news cycles.
So, if you're looking for a Forex trading practice app, a Forex news app, an Admirals Forex app or the best Forex trading app in the UK, USA or elsewhere, this Forex app review will assist you in choosing the best Forex broker mobile app for yourself so that you can trade FX anytime, anywhere in the UK or elsewhere.
Forex Trading Apps | Introduction
Finding one of the best Forex trading apps for yourself is an important component for trading. Without one, you can't make trades online.
|A Forex trading app is a mobile app that allows you to trade the Forex market or provides information that can help you make more informed trading decisions.|
These apps may range from the mobile versions of popular trading platforms such as MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 on the App Store and for Android, to apps designed for a single purpose, like reporting on market news or gamifying the trading experience.
When used together, many apps can create a complete trading toolbox, meaning you can carry out your trading strategy without being chained to your desk.
Best Forex Trading Apps | How To
Perhaps you've wondered how to use a trading app. If so, you're in the right place. How you use a currency trading app will vary depending on the app you use.
Here we'll give you a brief overview of how to trade on one of the most popular mobile trading apps on the market - the MetaTrader 5 app. This will give you a basic understanding of how some of the top mobile Forex trading platforms work.
- Go to the App Store or Google play, and search for 'MetaTrader 5'.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Once it is installed, you will need to log in to an existing trading account with your account number and password. Don't have an account? Find out how to open one here.
In the MetaTrader 5 app, the available screens are the quote screen, the chart screen, the trade screen, the history screen, and the settings screen.
The quote screen shows the ask and bid prices, or buy and sell prices of your chosen instruments. To add a new instrument to the list, just click the plus icon at the top of the screen, and find the instrument in the list.
Selecting an instrument in the list will give you the options to trade, see the chart, as well as get more details.
The chart screen displays the chart for your chosen instrument. You can change the chart's time frame by clicking the time frame in the top left corner of the screen.
You can add objects and indicators to the chart using the options across the top of the screen.
And you can see the sell and buy prices by clicking the icon at the top right of the screen. You can click on the buy or sell panels to open a trade, and you can adjust the lot size using the dropdown list between these panels.
The trade screen lists any open trades, along with your account balance, equity and free margin.
You can open a trade from this screen by clicking the plus icon. This will open a new screen, where you can select your preferred instrument, select the lot size, and add a stop loss and take profit.
To open a trade, click 'sell by market' if you think the price of the instrument will go down, or 'buy by market' if you think the price will increase.
The history screen displays the trades you've made on your account, and your total earnings or losses. You can update the time period for which trades are displayed by clicking the clock icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Finally, the settings screen is where you can sign into different accounts, along with checking announcements in your trading mailbox, market news, and connecting with the MQL5 community.
Interested in learning more about Forex? Do you want to become better at trading? Why not register for one of our free forex courses? Click the link below to register and start now!
Best Forex Trading Apps | A Comprehensive Guide
Remember, you won't need to go searching for the best forex trading app for the UK or USA because currency trading apps allow you to trade online from almost any location. If you've already tried researching the best mobile Forex trading platform, you might feel a bit overwhelmed by all of the options available.
The good news is that we've done the research for you. In this Forex app review, we've compared some of the market's most popular trading apps, outlining the features and benefits of each, so you can decide what is the best Forex trading app for you.
The mobile trading platforms and apps we reviewed include:
- MetaTrader 4 and 5 mobile apps
- Forex Hours app
- Investing.com investment app
- NetDania Stock and Forex Trader app
- TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim
- Forex Calendar, Market & News app
- Trade Interceptor mobile trading app
- Forex Game trading practice app
- Bloomberg Mobile Forex news app
While it's not possible to say which is the best trading app, we have compiled this list to familiarize yourself with some of the most popular Forex trading apps currently available that may be the best Forex trading app for certain traders.
Top 10 Forex Trading Platforms
The first currency trading app in this Forex trading app review is also one of the most popular Forex softwares on the market - MetaTrader 4. Many traders consider it to be one of the most preferred Forex trading apps for beginners and advanced traders. Let's find out why!
If you have started to look into Forex trading, then it is highly likely that you will have come across or at least heard of MetaTrader 4 (MT4). It is one of the top apps for Forex traders.
You can use the MetaTrader 4 app on Mac or pc. It's the world's most popular trading platform, which makes the Forex trading app version a popular choice for Forex traders. With this overview, understanding the MetaTrader 4 app will no longer be a foreign concept for you.
The MetaTrader 4 Forex trading app provides all the necessary resources and tools required for analysing price, along with all the tools you need to make trades. For each financial instrument, nine available timeframes have the ability to provide dynamic quotes with an itemised analysis.
There are more than 50 built-in indicators and diverse tools to analyse the market's activity, making it easier to define trends, determine chart patterns and identify entry and exit points.
The MT4 Forex trading app includes all the essential functions needed for trading. Orders are accessible at all times, which guarantees flexibility and allows traders to carry out their activities unhindered by time restraints. Traders can exploit orders on the market and stop and start pending orders.
MetaTrader 4 offers several ways for traders to place orders, including, placing an order directly from the chart. It is possible to precisely determine entry-exit points, and the embedded tick chart can also prove useful as well.
With alerts on trade positions, you may track all favourable moments. With the MetaTrader 4 app alerts, you can easily stay aware of all the key market movements throughout the day and night.
One of the reasons some traders consider MT4 one of the best Forex trading apps is because it offers a range of impressive features. However, possibly one of the strongest elements of MT4 is its security. MT4 ensures the safety of all trade transactions through an encoded and encrypted system that can protect traders against even the most advanced hackers.
It's also worth mentioning that the MetaTrader 4 app is considered one of the best Forex trading apps among traders in many locations around the world due to its change language feature, which makes it possible to use the platform in many languages.
However, the time zone displayed in the MetaTrader 4 app is not as flexible. The time zone you see in the app will vary from broker to broker. This means that if you want the app to display a different time, then you'll have to find brokers that use the time zone you prefer, and choose the one with the package that is closest to your liking.
Overall, the MT4 Forex app is a really simple and handy tool to work with, and many traders consider it to one of the best Forex trading apps because of the support and wide popularity among users.
To assist you in the practical application of the terminal and its functions, starting from learning how to log in, MetaTrader 4 app help offers full support and answers to many troubles you may experience.
If questions come up while using the platform, you'll be able to easily find an answer.
MetaTrader 5 is close to MetaTrader 4 in the ranking of the top app for Forex trading. Professional traders are also able to trade-on-the-go with MetaTrader 5 (MT5), the latest and enhanced version of MetaTrader.
With all the existing features of MetaTrader 4, including available time frames, built-in indicators, real-time market data and flexible order types, MetaTrader 5 is the #1 multi-asset Forex trading app chosen by advanced traders and investors.
Traders can gain access to all kinds of trading instruments with MT5, including Forex, Cryptocurrency CFDs, ETF CFDs, Bond CFDs, Commodity CFDs, and more. In fact, with Admirals, traders can access thousands of instruments all from the palm of their hands with this Forex trading app.
Because Admirals offers a Free download of both Forex trading apps, some traders consider MT5 and MT4 an Admirals app, though it was not created by Admirals.
The MetaTrader 5 mobile trading platform supports netting and hedging, along with Market Depth, and professional technical analysis by way of analytical objects and the indicators set. Like MetaTrader 4, MT5 also has security encryption to help keep your portfolio safe.
Traders can choose from the following options for a mobile trading platform:
- MT5 for Android - traders can gain access to the latest market data, news developments, charts, and all the essential trading functions they expect from the MetaTrader platform.
- MT5 for iOS - this app is accessible on all iOS devices, enabling traders to trade wherever, whenever. Many traders consider it one of the best Forex trading app for iOS.
Looking to start trading on the world's most premiere multi asset platform? Download Metatrader now and join millions of others! Click the link below to start:
While the Forex market is available for trading 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, that doesn't mean that all of those hours are optimal for trading. In fact, there are certain windows in the trading day when the most activity occurs, and this is when most active day traders will make their trades for the day.
Forex Hours, by CodingTrader, gives traders an immediate overview of the local time and status of the globe's largest Forex markets. It shows exactly what time the market opens in each country and time zone, and gives traders an insight into the times with the highest volume of Forex trades.
This can help you trade in peak times and take advantage of increased liquidity and volatility.
Available for both iOS and Android devices, Forex Hours is a complementary mobile trading app that can help you make the most of opportunities in the market.
The Investing.com trading app can really help you in your mobile Forex trading activity. Its advantages are:
- Real-time quotes for over 30,000 financial instruments traded on more than 100 exchange markets throughout the world
- Economic calendar - global economic events available in real-time
- Breaking news updates about market-moving events
- The option to build a customized portfolio, to track your investments' health at a glance
NetDania Stock and Forex Trader
This stock and Forex trading app provides an overview of the financial market, including price quotes for popular cryptocurrencies in real-time. The features offered by the NetDania app include:
- 20,000 financial instruments, including more than 2,200 currency pairs
- Real-time news
- Customised trading alerts
- Economic calendar
- Six types of charts
And much more. All of these features combine to give Forex traders a comprehensive understanding of the current market and is available in 18 languages for both iOS and Android.
It's time to look at one more app.
FOREX.com tries to compete with some of the best Forex trading apps by trying to offer low spreads and a well functioning mobile trading platform for iOS or Android.
The Forex trading app allows for a wide range of functionality. Traders have access to advanced charting options, news and fund management.
TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim
Thinkorswim is TD Ameritrade’s mobile trading platform.
Some positive features of this Forex trading app include an intuitive interface, the opportunity to trade stocks, options and futures.
The Thinkorswim mobile trading platform also offers news alerts. Traders who are looking to trade on-the-go may enjoy this platform's alert system. This system sends push notifications as trading alerts.
Looking to always stay updated with the newest trends and strategies? Register for one of our free webinars and stay ahead of the game with our in house trading experts! Click the link below to start:
Forex Calendar, Market & News
This is the official app from one of the leading social FX communities with over 280,000 users - MyFXBook.com.
This app offers several real-time features which can prove to be vital for any trader, such as, streaming rates for more than 60 Forex currency pairs as well as commodities, FX charts with technical indicators and meticulous market analysis, Forex news, price notifications, and a community outlook screen alongside custom notifications. The app will also keep you up to date with FX markets with the following sections:
- Portfolio: this section will show you your portfolio in MyFXBook, containing a growth chart, the current status of your account and, of course, quick stats.
- Economic calendar: be in synchronisation with the markets up to even a minute by using this live economic calendar, covering more than 30 various currencies with easily readable data. Every event is subjected to further explanation as well as historic levels.
- Markets: users have the ability to view over 60 diverse currency pairs in real-time, including changes in nine various time frames. If you want to be warned about a specific price, then you can set up an alert and get notified in real-time. This can be a good supplement to your core Forex trading mobile platform.
- Forex charts: enables the user to utilise technical analysis with high-performance charts. Additionally bundled with five drawing types such as line, speed line, Fibonacci Retracement, fan and arc. It also contains the following nine indicators; SMA, RSI, ADI, EMA, Bollinger Bands, MACD, Stochastic, ATR and Envelopes.
- Forex news: this section's task is to show users a streamed news feed of relevant items from the major news providers.
- Community outlook: the outlook for different currency pairs can be observed in the MyFXBook website. You can set up notifications for diverse levels and won't be restrained by any limits.
Another app available for both iPhone and Android users, Trade Interceptor gives traders the ability to trade currency pairs, options, commodity futures and more. It also includes a range of advanced features, including:
- More than 160 chart indicators
- 14 different types of advanced charts
- Live, streaming price quotes and price charts
- The option to perform simulated trading and backtest trading strategies using historical price data
The Forex Game is an application in mobile Forex that can help you to get acquainted with the FX market. The app is essentially a Forex simulation, as it allows you to play authentic trades and receive updates from the financial world without any real risk.
The Forex Game is an app that imitates a Forex mobile trading platform. It offers a fun and risk-free way to experience FX trading online, and it can be of real benefit to beginners. The specific advantages of this app are:
- Forex Game is a free financial simulator of a Forex mobile platform
- No registration is required
- It's easy to use
- The data is updated every five seconds
- It's fast-paced - you don't have to spend hours reading instructions before you can use it
- You can share your achievements with friends
Alternatively, traders can also opt to download a free Forex demo trading account, which enables them to trade with virtual currency in a risk-free trading environment, with access to real market data and live prices. It's a popular way for preparing trading strategies, test them out, and get a feel for trading before putting your capital at risk in the live markets.
Do you want to see what else Admirals has to offer? Click the banner below and get instant access to thousands of stocks and ETFs right here at your fingertips!
Bloomberg Business Mobile App
Bloomberg is a leading provider of market news and intelligence, which can give Forex traders a much-needed edge in their trading. Available for both iPhone and Android, the Bloomberg mobile app gives traders Forex news on demand.
In addition to news, the Bloomberg app offers traders access to global financial markets and business news, market price data, and tools to track their portfolio. You can also choose to receive alerts on your portfolio to help you make timely trading decisions.
Choosing a Broker | Forex Broker for Beginners
Aside from choosing a Forex trading app to make your trades, you'll also have to open an account with an online broker. This is the other component you'll need to begin trading. So, what is the best Forex broker for beginners?
If you're ready to trade on the live markets, you'll want to open a live trading account with a reputable broker. Admirals offers professional traders the ability to trade with 80+ currencies, with access to a range of Forex majors, Forex minors, and exotic currency pairs.
With so many options on the market, choosing the best Forex trading app in the world is no easy feat. All of the currency trading apps mentioned above have a wide range of useful functionality for Forex traders and what works for you might not be what works for another trader.
We trade with the MetaTrader platforms, which are some of the world's most popular Forex mobile trading platforms for a reason. The MetaTrader 4 and 5 apps are some of the most well-rounded mobile trading platforms available, and they are also supported by a wide range of Forex brokers - including Admirals!
Ultimately, though, the Forex market has irreversibly changed with the development of mobile devices, bringing traders the opportunity to trade how and when they choose, using different platforms and apps.
Rather than resist these changes, it's more beneficial for traders to be able to adapt and utilise the developments of Forex trading into their existing strategy.
Other articles you may find interesting:
- Use MetaTrader Like a Pro With MT4 & MT5 Shortcuts
- Using Forex Market Sentiment Indicators
- Forex Trend: How to Predict The Forex Market
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets and Admirals trademarks (hereinafter “Admirals”). Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
1. This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
2. Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
3. With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
4. The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (hereinafter “Author”) based on the NAME +(Position) personal estimations.
5. Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
6. Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.