Microsoft confirms the purchase of Bethesda for 7.5 billion dollars
The world of video games is one of the fastest-growing economic sectors, and in 2019 is recorded a total business volume of 120 billion dollars.
This week, the markets saw some major developments within this sector, the first being the purchase of Bethesda by Microsoft for the amount of 7.5 billion dollars after approval by the European Commission.
This acquisition gives a boost to the Xbox platform, as with the purchase of Bethesda, the Xbox Game Studios family is reinforced with the exclusivity of important franchises that attract millions of users around the world.
This will undoubtedly increase Microsoft's profits, which could continue to improve the company's future profits well past the good 2020 earnings results announced January 26.
Technically speaking, after the recent falls in the Nasdaq that have dragged the technology sector, Microsoft is trading at levels close to its previous resistance level which also currently acts as its main support. If the price manages to maintain these levels, we cannot rule out a new upward momentum until seeking the previous highs. On the contrary, the loss of this level could give wings to a further correction to its 200-session moving average.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Microsoft daily chart. Data range: from November 6, 2019, to March 11, 2021. Prepared on March 11, 2021, at 12:50 p.m. CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: 41.04%
- 2019: 55.26%
- 2018: 18.74%
- 2017: 37.66%
- 2016: 12%
In addition to Microsoft’s news, the Roblox IPO was launched yesterday, during which this popular American gaming platform experienced a strong rise of almost 55%, closing in its first session at $69.50 per share.
As in the case of platforms such as Xbox or Playstation, the pandemic and confinement measures has increased the use of these platforms, and since last year, the Roblox userbase skyrocketed to an approximate total of 32.6 million users, being featured by many prominent YouTubers.
It is clear that video games are attracting more and more people, so we will have to watch this sector closely in the future.
With the Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) of Microsoft and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.