Microsoft sets out to purchase Discord for 8.4 billion euros
It was only a few days ago when Microsoft confirmed its purchase of Bethesda for $7.5 billion, now it seems that the company, founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen and currently led by Satya Nadella, is determined to purchase the popular communication platform Discord.
Discord has more than 140 million active users, which considerably increased during the pandemic. Although conversations are only preliminary, it seems that strong exists, as this new acquisition would augment its latest purchases, strengthening its video game and business communication services.
Technically speaking, after the recent falls pulling on the tech sector, led by the plummeting Nasdaq, Microsoft is trading within a triangular formation at levels close to its previous resistance level which currently acts as the main support along with the lower trend line of this formation.
If the price manages to maintain these levels and break the upper band of the triangle, we cannot rule out a renewed upward momentum seeking previous highs. On the contrary, the loss of this level could give strength to further correction to its 200-session moving average, fulfilling the price objective of the triangle formation.
In yesterday's session, Microsoft rose 2.45% to close at $235.95, currently, the pre-opening is positive with a slight rise of 0.25%, so we will have to be attentive to the reception of this possible operation between the investors.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Microsoft daily chart. Data range: from December 4, 2019 to March 23, 2021. Prepared on March 23, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: 41.04%
- 2019: 55.26%
- 2018: 18.74%
- 2017: 37.66%
- 2016: 12%
With the Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) of Microsoft and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.