Cellnex expands further with major acquisition
The main European operator of wireless telecommunications infrastructures, Cellnex, has announced that it is continuing its process of European expansion, following the acquisition of the Polish company Polkomtel Infrastruktura.
It is the telecommunications infrastructure subsidiary of Cyfrowy Polsat Group. With this acquisition, Cellnex will add another 7,000 towers to its portfolio. The news comes just days after the company completed the acquisition of 9,100 towers from CK Hutchison in Italy.
The purchase makes Poland one of the company's main markets, where Cellnex is expected to invest another €600 million in the next 10 years for the deployment of 5G networks in the country.
The total cost of the operation amounts to €1.6 billion, which the company will finance with its excess liquidity. This acquisition is expected to have a positive impact of €330 million on the group's EBITDA.
The positive results of the company have not gone unnoticed by investors. The company has presented in the last 8 reports of results, with advances close to 10% in its quarterly revenue.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Cellnex monthly chart. Data range: From May 1, 2015 to July 9, 2021. Prepared on July 9, 2021 at 9:15 a.m. CEST. Please note that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: 37.32 %
- 2019: 94.40 %
- 2018: - 2.13 %
- 2017: 37.63 %
- 2016: -20.77 %
In Cellnex's monthly chart, you can clearly see the formation of a pennant pattern.
This continuation figure is characterized by the fact that after a prolonged upward period, some traders opt for a profit-taking, before resuming the march.
During this profit collection, a symmetrical triangle is usually formed, although on this occasion the buyers have not let the value close below €44.72. In their latest bullish momentum, buyers managed to break the resistance of this downward triangle, so according to this formation, in the coming months we could see a bullish rally that could take Cellnex's stock up to €83.10.
This level is obtained by adding the mast of this pennant to the place of breaking the triangle support with the mast.
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) on Cellnex and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Javier Olivan (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.