After yesterday’s close, Apple and Facebook announced their quarterly results. Both were better than expected by market consensus and has been well received by investors, as both companies are trading higher during the pre-opening of the market are increases close to 3% and 7% respectively.
Specifically, Apple obtained a profit per share of $1.4 and income of $89.58 billion in the period between January and March, significantly surpassing the expected $0.983 per share and $76.71 billion.
These results show the earnings growth to be driven by revenue from iPhone sales in the Mainland China region. The profit reached $23.63 billion, 110% higher than the same period in 2020.
Technically speaking, these good results may again drive the company to seek new highs if it finally manages to overcome its current resistance level of around $ 135 per share. The break of this level, could lead the price to seek its previous level of all-time highs.
As we can see in the daily chart, the price is currently at overbought levels close to its current resistance level, so these good results may boost the price despite the accumulated overbought. The uptrend seems clear after forming a bottom in the vicinity of its uptrend line in the red band that currently acts as its main supports.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Apple daily chart. from December 26, 2019 to April 29, 2021. Prepared on April 29, 2021 at 12:20 CEST. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution of the last 5 years:
- 2020: 80.75%
- 2019: 86.13%
- 2018: -6.78%
- 2017: 46.15%
- 2016: 9.99%
Shifting focus to Facebook’s results, the company reported earnings per share of $3.3 and revenue of $26.17 billion, compared to $2.33 per share and revenue of $23.63 billion, a rise of 1.88 billion thanks to its daily active users.
Net profit reached amounts to $9.497 billion dollars, 93.7% growth over the same period last year, despite the data security problems that it has had in recent weeks.
Technically speaking, this company is practically starting a new bullish momentum after bouncing off its 18-session average after making a brief correction from its previous all-time highs. These positive results can give this value wings to reach new highs.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. Facebook daily chart. Data range: from December 26, 2019, to April 29, 2021. Prepared on April 29, 2021, at 12:20 CEST. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution of the last 5 years:
- 2020: 33.09%
- 2019: 56.57%
- 2018: -25.71%
- 2017: 53.38%
- 2016: 9.93%
With the Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) of Apple, Facebook, and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.