Stock Market Trading Hours Every Investor Should Know
A stock exchange is where shares of publicly traded companies and bonds are bought and sold. With Admirals, you can trade or invest in stocks and shares from more than 15 of the world’s largest stock exchanges.
But when does the stock market open? Below is a list of some of the world’s largest stock exchanges and their EET (Eastern European Time) trading hours from the Admirals Invest.MT5 account. *These times may vary slightly from the actual exchange opening times.
Table of Contents
Stock Market Trading Hours
All stock market trading hours time from the Admirals Invest.MT5 listed below are in Eastern European Time (EET, GMT+2, summer – GMT+3).
|Country & Stock Exchange||Admirals EET Opening & Closing Times|
|Australia (ASX)||EET trading schedule 03:20 – 09:00 Mon - Fri|
|Austria (VIE)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Belgium (Euronext)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Denmark (CSE)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Finland (NASDAQ)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:25 Mon - Fri|
|France (Euronext)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Germany (Xetra)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Japan (TSE)||EET trading schedule 02:20 - 04:30 / 05:50 - 08:00 Mon-Fri|
|Netherlands (Euronext)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Norway (NASDAQ)||EET trading schedule 10:01 - 17:20 Mon - Fri|
|Portugal (Euronext)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Spain (BME)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|Sweden (NASDAQ)||EET trading schedule 10:01 - 18:25 Mon - Fri|
|Switzerland (SWX)||EET trading schedule 10:01 - 18:20 Mon - Fri|
|UK (LSE)||EET trading schedule 10:01 – 18:30 Mon - Fri|
|US (AMEX)||EET trading schedule 16:31 - 23:00 Mon - Fri|
|US (NASDAQ)||EET trading schedule 16:31 - 23:00 Mon - Fri|
|US (NYSE)||EET trading schedule 16:31 - 23:00 Mon - Fri|
You can find more information regarding the stocks available in each of the countries and stock exchanges listed above that are available to trade with Admirals from the Contract Specification page. This also details the stock market trading hours for UK stocks, US stocks and all those listed above, as well as more information such as pricing and fees.
When does the market open?
Stock exchanges generally open during regular working hours and days in local time, unlike the foreign exchange market which is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
There are three main trading sessions around the world.
- The Asia session. Stock exchanges in cities such as Tokyo and Sydney are open.
- The European session. Stock exchanges in cities such as London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, etc are open.
- The US session. Two of the largest stock exchanges in New York open – the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
How to Invest in Stocks
Now that you know the stock market trading hours and when the market opens it only takes five steps to buy and sell shares in any of the regions and stock exchanges listed above.
- Open a live Invest.MT5 share dealing account by filling out a short questionnaire or practice first by opening a demo trading account.
- Use virtual funds from your demo account to practice trading or deposit real funds into your live account to buy shares live in the market.
- From the Admirals Trader’s Room click ‘Trade’ to open the Admirals web stock trading platform or access the Premium Analytics section for stock market research and trading ideas.
- Choose from thousands of stocks all around the world to invest in, track the live share price, analyse the chart and access multiple order types from the trading ticket.
- Start investing.
FAQs on Stock Market Opening Hours
When does the stock market open UK?
The UK stock market opens at 8 am and closes at 4.30 pm local time.
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admirals investment firms operating under the Admirals trademark (hereinafter “Admirals”). Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
1. This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
2. Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admirals shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
3. With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admirals has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
4. The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki, (hereinafter “Author”) based on personal estimations.
5. Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admirals does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
6. Any kind of past or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admirals for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
7. Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.