The Fed plays into the hands of Euro bulls – EUR/USD yearly highs in focus
Source: Economic Events June 12, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The Euro continued with its bullish performance over the last days, making back all of its 'losses' after last week's NFP report.
The main reason seems to be that market participants realized more and more that the NFP report was very likely a 'fake' report with the BLS stating that […]there was also a large number of workers who were classified as employed but absent from work.[…] and that […]if the workers who were recorded as employed but absent from work due to "other reasons" (…), the overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported[…]
And after the Fed last Wednesday reinforced her dovish stance with the dot plot stating that it sees no rate hikes till the end of 2022, the combination of the EU commission's proposal of a 750 Billion-Euro fiscal stimulus package and the ECB's boost of its PEPP program to 1.35 trillion Euros last week on Thursday, started to play out again.
As a result, a further reduction of the US-EU-yield differential should be expected with the EUR/USD, as we currently focus on the region around 1.1400/50 USD on the upside.
A break higher makes further gains as high as 1.1700/1800 possible, nevertheless, EUR/USD traders should get a little careful due to the technical extended mode which reduces the short-term risk-reward-ratio to a more unattractive level:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on EUR/USD Daily chart (between April 12, 2019, to June 11, 2020). Accessed: June 11, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the EUR/USD fell by 10.2%, in 2016, it fell by 3.2%, in 2017, it increased by 13.92%, 2018, it fell by 4.4%, 2019, it fell by 2.2%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 7.3%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.