Source: Economic Events August 28, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
After the speech from FED chairman Jay Powell in Jackson Hole on Thursday, volatility in EURUSD picked up.
Powell brought up "average inflation targeting", which means that the FED will allow inflation to run above the FED target rate of 2% for a period of time. Despite the fact that he relativized his words by saying that any overshoot of inflation will be moderate and won't last for prolonged periods, it still brought the US-Dollar under pressure,
However, it still seems possible that the currency pair could push to and above 1.2000 into the weekly close and negate the bearish divergence on the daily time frame which has pointed, technically, to exhaustion of recent bullish momentum.
Nevertheless, it needs to be seen how deep beyond 1.2000 EURUSD can run. Some things to take into consideration as we look at what EURUSD's next moves might be:
- We are taking a deeper look at the current FED policy of the ECB
- We are also considering yield expectations
- What's key here, is that the US-Dollar has seen most of its recent weakness due to rising speculation surrounding negative yields
- this could result in potentially extremely bullish sentiment for the Euro
As such, the chance for a short-term correction remains on the table and is limiting the attractiveness, risk-reward wise, of Long engagements.
Still, we are keeping our bullish EURUSD view. Even a deeper corrective move to as low as 1.1400 seems very attractive from a risk-reward perspective, given our 12-month target of 1.2500, which could likely even turn out to be 1.3000 in EURUSD:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on EURUSD Daily chart (between May 20, 2019, to August 27, 2020). Accessed: August 27, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the EUR/USD fell by 10.2%. In 2016, it fell by 3.2%. In 2017, it increased by 13.92%. In 2018, it dropped 4.4% and in 2019, it fell by 2.2%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 7.3%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.