EUR/USD gaining more bearish momentum from the disappointing inflation data?
Source: Economic Events April 17, 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The mode in the Euro, and here in the EUR/USD, remains choppy. But after a very weak performance on Wednesday, it has picked up a bearish touch.
The failed attempt to recapture 1.1000 send already a message to Euro bulls, but after the Euro couldn't profit from the very weak Retail Sales data on Wednesday (coming in at -8.7%, and at an all-time low passing its former record at -3.9% in 2008 during the Great Financial Crisis), it seems likely that we get to see a soon coming re-test of the March lows around 1.0630.
This could be especially true if the final inflation rate print for the Eurozone today prints below the already low 0.7% expectation.
Reason for the lowest expectation here since last October is not only the Covid-19 outbreak, but probably especially the recent drop in oil which couldn't be stopped despite the historic production output cut form OPEC+ over the last weekend.
That said, an acceleration in the EUR/USD on the downside is likely, not only resulting in wave lower, but a break below 1.0600/30 which makes a further drop as low as 1.0500 and probably even lower a serious option:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on EUR/USD Daily chart (between February 15, 2019, to April 16, 2020). Accessed: April 16, 2020, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the EUR/USD fell by 10.2%, in 2016, it fell by 3.2%, in 2017, it increased by 13.92%, 2018, it fell by 4.4%, 2019, it fell by 2.2%, meaning that after five years, it was down by 7.3%.
Discover the world's #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.