Source: Economic Events September 14 , 2020 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
The DAX30 presented itself initially as quite strong after the ECB last week on Thursday, which was a little surprising given the fact that the ECB didn't deliver anything new. They kept rates unchanged, while the rhetoric within the ECB statement suggested no clear tendency towards more stimulus to be decided on in the ECB meeting in December.
What became clear was that the German index and its performance currently heavily depends on US Equities, especially the Nasdaq100.
We consider the DAX30 bullish on H1. However, here are some key points to consider:
- As long as we trade above 13,100 points, there will be the potential of seeing another attempt to break above 13,300 points into the start of the week
- This could level the path up to the September highs around 13,450 points
- Any Nasdaq100 weakness and break below 11,000 points would likely bring the DAX under pressure again and make a drop below 13,000 points likely
- Even a drop back below 13,000 points wouldn't necessarily be bearish, at least not initially
In fact, we consider the German DAX30, short-term and on H1, bullish as long as we trade above 13,100 points (region around the Thursday lows) and neutral as long as the DAX30 trades above 12,750 points, the current September lows:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Hourly chart (between August 24, 2020, to September 11, 2020). Accessed: September 11, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between April 15, 2019, to September 11, 2020). Accessed: September 11, 2020, at 10:00 PM GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2015, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 9.56%, in 2016 it increased by 6.87%, in 2017 it increased by 12.51%, in 2018 it fell by 18.26%, and in 2019 it increased by 26.44%, meaning that in five years, it was up by 34.2%.
Check out Admiral Markets' most competitive conditions on the DAX30 CFD and start trading on the DAX30 CFD with a low 0.8 point spread offering during the main Xetra trading hours.
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.