AIG agrees to sell part of its insurance business to Blackstone for $2,200 million
During yesterday's session, Blackstone and AIG announced that they had reached an agreement for the US fund to acquire 9.9% of the insurance and pension business.
This is part of AIG's strategy to convert its pension division into an independent company so that the parent company can focus on other types of insurance. Blackstone have agreed to pay 2,200 million US dollars for the acquisition.
AIG plans to present its second quarter results on 4 August. We should pay particular attention to these since, in their results for 2020 and Q1 of this year, there were mixed signals with a better than expected earnings per share by the consensus of analysts but with revenue lower than expected.
Technically speaking, although during the first half of the year the AIG share price has risen 25.73%, since the beginning of June, share price is in full correction. This has led it to lose 12.17%, reaching the lows of last March in the meeting point of its red band of support and its 200-session average.
The loss of these support levels could lead to a further correction in search of its next support levels around $42.60 and $41.50 per share. The loss of these levels could jeopardise the uptrend by pitting the price against its long-term trend line.
On the contrary, it seems that this announcement is being well received by the market, since during the pre-opening of today's session, shares are trading with a rise of close to 5.6% to 49 dollars per share. It is important to see if the price is able to exceed and maintain in a sustained way the level of 48.90 dollars because, if it manages to do so, we could find a new upward momentum until the annual highs.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5 - AIG Daily Chart. Date Range: 27 February 2020 – 15 July 2021. Date Captured: 15 July 2021. Past performance is not a reliable indicator for future results.
Evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: -26.24%
- 2019: 30.25%
- 2018: -33.85%
- 2017: -8.77%
- 2016: 5.39%
With an Admirals Invest.MT5 account, you can trade JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and many more stocks! Click on the banner below to open an account today:
Admirals is a multi-award winning, globally regulated Forex and CFD broker, offering trading on over 8,000 financial instruments via the world's most popular trading platforms: MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Start trading today!
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst Roberto Rojas, Freelance Contributor (hereinafter "Author") based on personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modelled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.