After last Monday's festive day on Wall Street, Tuesday saw a new battery of business results, among which were those of the insurance giant AIG.
AIG is an American insurance company which offers its wide variety of products and services globally. It specialises in both the life and health insurance sectors, while also providing commercial segment insurance, consumer insurance, accident or retirement plans, and is one of the most important insurers worldwide.
After the market closed, it announced its 2020 earnings, in which we could observe a mixed result, since although earnings per share exceeded that expected by the consensus, total income was lower. Specifically, earnings the per share grew by $0.94 per share, with income growth of $10.540 million, compared to $0.935 per share and $10.670 million expected by the market consensus.
Technically speaking, this year, AIG has accumulated a rise of more than 10%, making yesterday’s daily close a positive one with a rise of more than 1.8%, although after the release of these results, the pre-opening is currently trading in negative, being slightly more than 2% lower.
If we look at the daily chart, once it marked annual lows after the sharp falls at the beginning of the pandemic, the uptrend seems quite clear after confirming the triple cross with the 200-session moving average, although it is currently trading in a lateral consolidation range between the green and red stripes with the price fighting with its resistance level.
These results may cause a correction in the short term, although we must study the behaviour of the price at its current resistance level, since if the price finally bounces down while maintaining its current levels of support, the level of previous highs coinciding With the 40 session orange average at $ 39.60 and the lower band of the lateral channel, the feeling may continue to be bullish so the price could try to attack the resistance zone again.
Once this level is exceeded, the upward trend would have its way up to a level close to $50 per share.
Source: Admiral Markets MetaTrader 5. AIG daily chart. Data range: from October 17, 2019 to February 17, 2021. Prepared on February 17, 2021 at 12:40 CET. Keep in mind that past returns do not guarantee future returns.
Price evolution in the last 5 years:
- 2020: -26.24%
- 2019: 30.25%
- 2018: -33.85%
- 2017: -8.77%
- 2016: 5.39%
With the Admiral Markets Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) of AIG and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Roberto Rojas (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.