DJI 30 at record highs! Pull back to the 20 DMA?
Global stock market indices have continued to rally higher but the unevenness in momentum across different regions and sectors still remains. For example, the Nasdaq 100 currently trades below its record all-time high price level while the Dow Jones 30 (DJI 30) index trades well above its record high.
This highlights the current theme that has developed in the markets - a rotation out of high-flying tech stocks into more value-based stocks. The Dow Jones 30 index comprises of a variety of companies from the different sector but leans heavily towards industrial, financial and energy companies.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, DJI30, Daily - Data range: from Jul 2, 2020, to Mar 16, 2021, performed on Mar 16, 2021, at 8:30 pm GMT. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results. Last five-year performance: 2020 = +7.09%, 2019 = +22.66%, 2018 = -5.46%, 2017 = +24.76%, 2016 = +12.74%, 2015 = -2.28%.
The trend of the DJI 30 index still remains bullish, as seen on the daily chart above. Price is still above its 20-period (blue), 50-period (red) and 100-period (green) exponential moving averages.
Buyers have been stepping in at these moving average levels on the way up. As the price is currently overextended away from the 20-period moving average, traders may look to this level as the first area where buyers could initiate fresh positions.
Did you know that you can use the Trading Central Technical Ideas Lookup indicator to find actionable trading ideas on thousands of other instruments across Forex, stocks, indices, commodities and more?
You can get this indicator completely FREE by upgrading your MetaTrader 5 trading platform provided by Admirals (formerly Admiral Markets) to the exclusive Supreme Edition! You’ll also receive a whole range of advanced trading tools such as correlation and sentiment indicators!
Start your free download by clicking on the banner below:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Jitan Solanki (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.