Nvidia shares boost after increased demand
One of the companies that has had the best performance in the stock market during the last year is that of Nvidia.
From the lows of March 2020, close to $180, the company has experienced a spectacular bullish rally that led the stock to surpass $810 per share in early July, a growth of more than 350%.
This spectacular growth is due to a number of reasons, such as the improvement in the expectations of the sector by:
- The shortage of microprocessor chips that currently exist in the market
- The increased demand for its graphics cards used among others in the cryptocurrency industry
At the end of May, the company announced that on July 21 it would make a split of 4 to 1 of its shares, that is, each old share would then become 4 new shares.
This decision was the result of doubts among the company's executives about the company's high share price. The management of the company considered that such a high price could detract from the interest of investors and slow down the bullish rally of the company, which is currently in a very sweet moment.
The split finally occurred on July 20. The stock ended the trading session at $748 and the 21 was starting to trade at $187 as indicated in the chart below with the horizontal ochre line.
Source: Admirals MetaTrader 5, NVDA, Daily - Data range: from March 9, 2021 to July 29, 2021, conducted on July 29, 2021 at 11:30 am CET. Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
The daily chart above shows Nvidia's share price evolution from March 9th to today, on a daily basis.
In the pre-opening of the market on July 21, the stock rose more than 4%, and finally the lows recorded on the day were $189.50 per share.
The split level at $187 and the day 21 low at $189.50, son the two benchmark levels that traders have used to buy Nvidia stocks in the last 3 days.
This situation together with the evolution of the RSI indicator could indicate, that this level is consolidating, and the path is clear for a new advance whose next reference level is located at $208.5 and represents the historical highs of Nvidia shares.
With the Admirals Trade.MT5 account, you can trade Contracts for Differences (CFDs) on Nvidia and more than 3000 stocks! CFDs allow traders to try to profit from the bull and bear markets, as well as the use of leverage. Click on the following banner to open an account today:
INFORMATION ABOUT ANALYTICAL MATERIALS:
The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts, market reviews, weekly outlooks or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the websites of Admiral Markets investment firms operating under the Admiral Markets trademark (hereinafter “Admiral Markets”) Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The content is published for informative purposes only and is in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the content.
- With view to protecting the interests of our clients and the objectivity of the Analysis, Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- The Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst, Javier Olivan (analyst), (hereinafter “Author”) based on their personal estimations.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the content are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis.
- Any kind of past or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the content should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.