Source: Economic Events April 26, 2019 - Admiral Markets' Forex Calendar
On Friday, Forex traders will be focused on the new dataset covering the US economy for Q1/2019. In Q4 of last year, the US economy advanced at an annualized 2.2% on quarter, well below a 2.6% growth in the second estimate and compared to 3.4% in Q3/2018.
So, the question will be whether this trend of pessimistic readings continues, and how the USD will react. While we would usually expect the USD to drop in response to negative readings below expectations of 2.1%, after the USD index future instead broke out to new yearly highs, currently about to attack 98.00 points. Bullish momentum is probably only temporarily interrupted, but strong enough for a technical reversal.
That said, a reading above expectations could accelerate the move in the USD index future and result in a weekly close above 98.00 points.
Interestingly enough, the USD/JPY wasn't really able to profit from the USD bullishness. We only saw a short spike above 112 to near-highs, but no follow through.
While a reading above expectations (> 2.1%) could certainly result in another attempt to sustainably break above 112.40 where further gains up to 114.50/115.00 become an option, a disappointing data set resulting in a stabilisation/corrective move in the USD could push the USD/JPY back towards 110.80/111.00 in the days to come:
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on USD/CAD Daily chart (between February 8, 2019, to April 25, 2019). Accessed: April 25, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT - Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
In 2014, the value of the USD/JPY increased by 13.7%, in 2015, it increased by 0.5%, in 2016, it fell by 2.8%, in 2017, it fell by 3.6%, in 2018, it fell by 2.7%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 4.1%.
Investing in Forex with Admiral Markets
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter "Analysis") published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter "Author") based on the Author's personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.