Account opening procedures
Before you open a live trading account with Admiral Markets Pty Ltd and start trading, we ask that you familiarise yourself with our onboarding procedures for fulfilling the know-client-obligations and for operating according to anti-money and terrorist financing rules. You should also read the legal documentation of Admiral Markets Pty Ltd that regulates the provision of investment service. The legal documentation serves the purpose to inform you about our legal responsibilities and business practices.
- You can find legal documents (policies) from the ’’Legal Documentation and Policies’’ section below.
- To start your account opening procedure, please register in the Trader`s Room.
Documents needed for Individuals:
- ID document, such as passport or government-issued ID card with photo (*may not be required from Australian citizen);
- Proof of address/residence, such as utility bill or bank statement. Document can not be older than 3 months (*may not be required from Australian citizen).
* if Admiral Markets Pty Ltd is not able to electronically verify and identify an individual or legal entity’s information based on the submitted documents, we reserve the right to ask additional documents (including certified or notarised documents for verifying submitted data).
Documents needed for legal entities:
- Passport or government-issued ID card with photo for the person acting on behalf of the legal entity;
- Registration documents (certificate of incorporation/registration, memorandum, articles of association, etc.) registered with all the changes, additions and confirmations of the appointment of the person(s) entitled to act on behalf of the legal entity;
- Documents confirming the ownership structure of the legal entity, which must also include personal details of all ultimate beneficial owners. Please note that the ultimate beneficiary can only be a natural person;
- Utility bill or bank statement confirming the place of business (document can not be older than 3 months);
LEI (legal entity identifier) code. Find more information here:
- Proof of address for each beneficiary owner/director, not older than 3 months.
Please note that Admiral Markets Pty Ltd representatives have the right to request additionally (if deemed necessary):
- Certified power of attorney for representation;
- Certified and translated copies of submitted documents needed compliance purposes for the verification of submitted data.
- Deed of Guarantee and indemnity (applicable for superannuation trusts)
Legal Documentation and Policies:
- Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- Financial Services Guide (FSG)
- Account Terms (30.03.2020)
- Terms and Conditions of Islamic (Swap-free) account
- Negative Account Balance Policy
- Client suitability policy
- Client money policy
- Margin call policy
- Conflicts of interests management policy
- Payment Terms
- Risk Disclosure